Accessing Cerner's PowerChart

Assigned to kol.k...@gmail.com by Fenil....@cerner.com

Jeremy Moore

Nov 10, 2021, 9:45:57 AM11/10/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

We have been able to connect and get data from the Code console. Now that we are admitted into the advanced tier of the code program, what do we need to change on our end to be able to access data from our power-chart environment?

Does it require us to request a different system account access to update the Fhir url, client id, and client secret keys?

Thank you,
Jeremy Moore

Justin Tubbs

Nov 12, 2021, 7:59:57 AM11/12/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Jeremy,

If you are transitioning from the public FHIR API Sandbox (C1941 Domain) to your own Millennium/PowerChart/CPM domain, you WILL need to do the following:
1) Create a System Account (if Build/Cert domains, then typically through https://sandboxcernercentral.com/system-accounts    If Production domains, then through https://cernercentral.com/system-accounts )  -- This creates System Account ID + Client Secret
2) Create new code.cerner.com SMART on FHIR Apps for each "domain" (This creates App Id + Client ID)
3) Ensure your Launch URL and Redirect URI are configured to the domain/URL/routes on your side where your application is listening for inbound requests.

Justin

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Nov 16, 2021, 2:44:03 PM11/16/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Justin, thanks for helping out! Jeremy, please let us know if you need additional help on this.

Thanks,
Kol

Jeremy Moore

Nov 17, 2021, 10:23:40 AM11/17/21
to cerner-fhir...@googlegroups.com, Sharon Dang, Nate Weiner
Hello Kol,

We have some additional questions related to our specific issue. We already have a system account we've been using through https://cernercentral.com/system-accounts. With this account we are able to request information from Cerner's sandbox successfully. As it's currently set up, if we do a GET Request for a using our Powerchart's patient_id we get a 401 forbidden response.

1. Do we need to request an additional system account to get a separate System Account ID + Client Secret to get information from our Powerchart environment? Or is there something Cerner needs to update now that we have access to Powerchart?

2. Right now our current system account's account type is STANDARD, and Production is set to No. If we do need to request a new system account, does the Production app need to be checked as yes to receive information from our Powerchart environment? If not, what makes this account request different from our current account?

Thank you,

Jeremy  Moore

Kol Kheang (Cerner)

Nov 17, 2021, 6:17:59 PM11/17/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Jeremy,

That's good to hear that this app is working in Cerner's Sandbox environment!

You mentioned trying this app in your PowerChart's instance and it's not working. Is this a non-prod a prod environment? Is there an X-Request-ID for the failed request that you can share? We can look into that.
In either case, please work with the client to log an SR to provision the system app for the PowerChart environment that you plan on using with this app by providing the system account id, app's details, domain/environment, etc.

Thanks,
Kol

Sharon Dang

Nov 19, 2021, 2:47:07 PM11/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hi Kol,

Jumping in here since Jeremy is OOO. Our system app that we are using to make the Patient call is listed as non-production.

An example X-Request-Id for the failed request is dbcd8e10-043d-4c97-802e-1b27a6ac469a.

Where do we log an SR? I spoke to Nick Babcock a few weeks ago and he said our system app should work with PowerChart when he added our app into the TOC. Is there a way we can double check this?

Thanks,
Sharon

Fenil Desani (Cerner)

Nov 19, 2021, 3:39:17 PM11/19/21
to Cerner FHIR Developers
Hello,

Our public Sandbox and the Powerchart instance you have been given access to is the same domain.
For System App, you generally do not require an App to be added into TOC. It's a System App and would make B2B calls, unlike Provider App launched from within Powerchart.
The reason for error is because your token had expired. Remember, the Bearer tokens are valid only for small amount of time (typically ~570 seconds) and the time can be retrieved from "expires_in" field returned in the token response.

Thanks,
Fenil