Rain In May!

Niel Dilworth

May 15, 2019, 7:08:20 PM5/15/19
to Central Coast Open Water
It is supposed to rain hard tonight and again on Saturday.  My volunteers will be sampling the creeks and beaches tomorrow morning so around noon on Friday we'll see if the bacteria levels in the creeks come back up and spoil our swimming.
The results from Thursday's samples should be posted by early afternoon at   https://www.surfrider.org/blue-water-task-force/chapter/34
I'll follow up and let you know what I think.

niel

Maria Taylor

May 15, 2019, 7:56:37 PM5/15/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Niel!

Sue Cusick

May 15, 2019, 8:14:14 PM5/15/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Neil
Hope to see you all soon!!!
Sue, Syd and Sam

Sent from my iPhone

Amy Hewes

May 16, 2019, 10:58:00 AM5/16/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Awww! I am so missing the ocean. Thanks, Niel, for your watchfulness and diligence.

Amy B. Hewes

Niel Dilworth

May 17, 2019, 8:57:08 PM5/17/19
to Central Coast Open Water
The water quality results from yesterday's samples were surprisingly, actually shockingly, high. Numbers along SLO Creek were in the 10 to 20 thousands, with 104 being the maximum recommended for safe contact, and more rain on Saturday night, so, I'm not swimming on Sunday.

niel

Jonny White

May 17, 2019, 9:43:11 PM5/17/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Niel for keeping us safe. I'm following your advice and taking the week off too then.

Amy Hewes

May 18, 2019, 1:37:57 AM5/18/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
What a drag! I thought it looked bad when I drove down to Pismo on Thursday late afternoon. There was a visible line where the water got lighter.

Miss you all!!

Phil Costanzo

May 18, 2019, 11:12:09 AM5/18/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for following up Neil. Greatly appreciated. See you at the pool

Phil

On Fri, May 17, 2019 at 5:57 PM Niel Dilworth <nieldi...@gmail.com> wrote:

Maria Taylor

May 18, 2019, 11:53:09 AM5/18/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Niel,
Thanks for keeping us away from the yuck! Hankering to get back to Avila.  See you all soon!  :)
Maria