I'll Pass on this Sunday

Niel Dilworth

Nov 30, 2019, 1:45:27 PM11/30/19
to Central Coast Open Water
Rain, cold and big surf are a concern but I'm staying out because of worries about water quality.

Thursdays numbers from the beach and creek mouth were OK but the upper creek put up crazy high bacteria counts, one sample exceeded the capacity of the test. https://www.surfrider.org/blue-water-task-force/chapter/34. The state standard for avoiding contact with the water is a result higher than 104, so sites putting up numbers in the 17 to 26 thousand are crazy full of bacteria.

I'm guessing, and it is a guess, that the additional rain we are having will push the bugs down to the beach, so I'm sitting this one out and looking forward to next Sunday, maybe. Rain is predicted for all week. Nerw numbers will be posted next Friday.

niel

Heidi Bezaire

Nov 30, 2019, 6:35:54 PM11/30/19
to 'Heidi Bezaire' via Central Coast Open Water
Thanks, Niel!  I agree with your guess.

Heidi

Maria Taylor

Nov 30, 2019, 6:44:04 PM11/30/19
to centralcoa...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Niel,
I will sleep-in! Glad for the rain, but not for the bug counts that come with it.
Hopefully see you all next week!
Maria