** What are our interest areas? **

Rachel Singh

May 31, 2021, 9:49:38 PM5/31/21
to CCCKC

Hey all, wanted to get a list somewhere centralized on what kind of interests there are in the community right now, so that we can plan some events or other things around it. Just use this as a dumping ground for whatever you're interested in. :)

Me:
  • Programming and game development
  • Video games, D&D
  • Zines (independent magazines)
  • Drawing, animating, design, crafts
  • Video editing
  • Open source software, Linux
  • Constructed languages, Esperanto
  • Raspberry Pi
  • Piano

Michael Overstreet

Jun 1, 2021, 1:05:17 AM6/1/21
to cc...@googlegroups.com
I am interested in:

Python
Tiny-ML
MicroBit
Micro-Python
Circuit-Python

Sent from my iPhone

ax0n

Jun 4, 2021, 10:57:23 AM6/4/21
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Retro computing. Currently, I'm categorizing any computer or gaming console more than 15 years old as "retro" but I've been playing with Mac SE/30s, 1999 to 2005 era Sun Microsystems workstations and servers, and PDAs that came out between 1996 and 2001. Old DOS programs and PC games from the 80s and 90s, etc.
Amateur radio, but specifically digital modes including DMR, Fusion, APRS and mesh networks such as AREDN
GMRS, which is kind of like a paid-license limited ham radio or high-powered FRS, but without having to pass an exam (we have several GMRS repeaters and a growing GMRS community around town)
Automotive repair and car hacking
Quadcopters -- flying them, aerial photography, hacking them, FAA Part 107 certification studying, etc.
Electronics repair
Basic wood shop stuff, building things. Although with lumber prices I haven't done a lot of it lately.

Sharon D

Jun 5, 2021, 8:30:21 PM6/5/21
to cc...@googlegroups.com
Glad to hear from you --- Philip said you were back again. We'll all have to meet up and catch up. Are you out and about much these days?

Sharon