question about definition of overall survival

Patricia Scott

Jul 11, 2021, 2:55:35 PM7/11/21
to cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group, Anna Prizment
Hello,
We are using cBioPortal data from the CoadRead  data set to analyze overall survival.

We would like to know what is the start point for time of overall survival- is it time of diagnosis or time of first treatment or some other time point.

We had assumed that the start point was time of diagnosis but then we noticed that a number of cases had a followup time of "0" and 3 of these cases are patients who died.

We would especially like to know what is meant by a followup time of '0" for a patient who has died. Does this represent someone whose colorectal cancer was diagnosed at autopsy?

Thank you for your help!
Pat Scott

--

Patricia Scott
Assistant Professor

Tel: 218-726-8361

Anna Prizment

Jul 12, 2021, 9:12:11 AM7/12/21
to Patricia Scott, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Thank you for this email,

Anna

Ino de Bruijn

Jul 29, 2021, 11:53:13 AM7/29/21
to Anna Prizment, Patricia Scott, cBioPortal for Cancer Genomics Discussion Group
Hi Patirica and Anna,

Apologies for the delay in replying. Could you clarify which study you are referring to?

If you can share a URL where you saw this "0" follow up time I can help figure out the associated article

Best wishes,
Ino