About CNA

Takafumi NAKANE

Nov 16, 2022, 9:14:47 AM11/16/22
to cbiop...@googlegroups.com
Dear person in charge

My name is Nakane and I am a bioinformatician at the DNA Chip Research Institute.

I need the following data to analyze the intra-tumor heterogeneity, but I cannot find any data on CNA. Is there a file in the dataset that contains this information?

Required Data
・Number of reads matching the reference allele.
・Number of reads matching the alternate allele.
・Major copy number of segment overlapping mutation.
・Minor copy number of segment overlapping mutation.
・Total copy number of segment in healthy tissue.

Thank you in advance.

--
○●----------------------------------------------------●○
  DNA Chip Research Inc.

debr...@mskcc.org

Nov 18, 2022, 6:11:06 PM11/18/22
to t-na...@dna-chip.co.jp, cbiop...@googlegroups.com

Hi Takafumi NAKANE,

Thanks for reaching out!

We have this in most of the mutation data files:

Number of reads matching the reference allele.
Number of reads matching the alternate allele.

See e.g.:

https://media.githubusercontent.com/media/cBioPortal/datahub/master/public/ov_tcga/data_mutations.txt

The columns are:

- t_ref_count, t_alt_count, n_ref_count, n_alt_count

See also:

https://docs.cbioportal.org/file-formats/#mutation-data

We don’t have this easily accessible:

Major copy number of segment overlapping mutation.
Minor copy number of segment overlapping mutation.
Total copy number of segment in healthy tissue.

We do have segmented copy number data. E.g.:

https://github.com/cBioPortal/datahub/blob/master/public/ov_tcga/data_cna_hg19.seg

and documentation:

https://docs.cbioportal.org/file-formats/#segmented-data

But this is prolly not exactly what you want. We are working on incorporating the type of information you requested into cBioPortal, but there are no public studies available yet

Thanks!

Ino

*** Only open attachments or links from trusted senders. Report phishing to inf...@mskcc.org ***

mg_info.txt