Best Sunglasses for Sailing

Phil Kling

Nov 12, 2021, 10:09:51 AM11/12/21
to Catalina355
Maui Jim's have served me extremely well over the past 10 years but they are now getting way beyond my price range.  Curious what other sunglasses the members recommend for sailing.

Thanks,

Phil K
Hull 5

Jon Vez

Nov 12, 2021, 11:18:51 AM11/12/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com
Honestly I’ve tried to wear other higher end sunglasses, but nothing comes close so I’ve always justified it as an investment as my eyes are worth it. Mine are subscription which makes the cost even higher (using Maui lenses).
I work with my optometrist and only change them out every 4-5 years if my subscription hasn’t changed too much…just got a new pair after 5 years and will never skimp again.
If you do have prescriptions there are very few sunglass manufacturers who will cut their native lenses for your prescription.
Since you are really paying for the quality of the lens it makes sense to buy the cheapest frames you can find and just have generic prescription lenses put in rather than paying a premium for high end brands only to have the lens replaced with a generic prescription glass…

Sent from my iPad

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups Catalina355 group. To post to this group, send email to catal...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to catalina355...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/catalina355?hl=en

If changing the topic, please start a new message and send to catal...@googlegroups.com, rather than clicking "reply" to an existing message.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Catalina355" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/catalina355/148c8404-e0b9-429f-9402-5eac021baa4fn%40googlegroups.com.

Phil Kling

Nov 12, 2021, 3:28:57 PM11/12/21
to catal...@googlegroups.com