Letter from the Chair, July 2019

1 view

Mike "Talien" Tresca

Jul 15, 2019, 10:01:17 AM7/15/19
to CAR-PGa: The Committee for the Advancement of Role-Playing Games

ukgamesexpo.jpg

Although it’s been a few weeks, I wanted to address an event that tested the limits of a large convention’s policies. This incident stressed the importance of pairing a thorough convention policy with a swift and public response. Make no mistake, this was nearly a PR disaster for the hobby; the Mirror’s misattribution showed how easily D&D and other tabletop role-playing games can be painted with a broad brush from a horrible negative incident like this. To that end, I’ve implemented a Best Practices section of our web site.