Scopes at Re-Store

John Bau

Jul 24, 2019, 7:48:04 PM7/24/19
to Capital City Astronomy Club
A friend of mine called this afternoon to inform me that he saw two large telescopes for sale today at Habitat For Humanity's "Re-Store" on Camino Entrada.

One was a large RC (he guessed 14"), the other a TPO 12" F/4 imaging Newt. He said they both appeared to be in excellent condition, probably bequeathed to HFH in a will. He said their sticker price was about 1/2 of retail.

I have no need for such. If anyone is interested in these, you might call or stop by their store.

Cheers,
  John

Francois-Marie Patorni

Jul 25, 2019, 7:55:23 PM7/25/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com

I went to Restore to look.

I looked at the TPO 12 inches only, it seems the same as this

https://optcorp.com/products/tpo-12-f4-imaging-newtonian-telescope

Good condition indeed, no dust on the mirror, no scratch on the tube. They ask $400. List price is $800 (including battery pack for fan and straight through finder, which are not included). One will need a sturdy mount. I thought of buying it as it has good reviews, but the race for toys is endless … so I will pass.

Cheers,
FM

BCJ

Jul 25, 2019, 8:18:06 PM7/25/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
I was tempted, also, but decided I couldn't justify any more water heaters.

Peter Lipscomb

Jul 25, 2019, 8:38:23 PM7/25/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com

I went there just before close today. The Truss tube is a 12” imaging Newtonian and the solid white tube is a 10” f/4 imaging Newtonian. Both TPO make

Prices adjusted to $1000 for truss and $300 for solid white tube

John Bau

Jul 25, 2019, 9:07:20 PM7/25/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Ahhhh... the person who described them to me is not scope-savvy...

Peter Lipscomb

Jul 25, 2019, 9:13:58 PM7/25/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
That was the impression I got when I called this afternoon. So I went in to see and shared my findings - hence the price adjustments.

While I would love to have HFH get as much proceeds as possible, correct description and info is always good.