CALL FOR SCOPES - Cerrillos Hills State Park 7:30PM, Friday September 20th

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 10, 2019, 12:14:00 AM9/10/19
to Capital City Astronomy Club
HI All,

Come on out and share views with the always appreciative community members on Cerrillos and the Highway 14 corridor.

I plan to be setting up about 7PM.

Who can join me?

--Peter

John Bau

Sep 10, 2019, 10:06:11 AM9/10/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
I'm game.

John
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/2bdd1254-8150-4730-a972-b7a3c38a1324%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/2bdd1254-8150-4730-a972-b7a3c38a1324%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 10, 2019, 6:15:51 PM9/10/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John I did 3rd Friday just for you.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D77ADD3.7040302%40centurylink.net.

Jim Baker

Sep 10, 2019, 6:25:07 PM9/10/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Peter --------------  Sorry.  As you know, I will be in Utah on the 20th.  Otherwise, I would be there with bells on, or rather with a red flashlight on.

Jim

John Bau

Sep 10, 2019, 8:17:26 PM9/10/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for the consideration, Peter. Just FYI, that limitation no longer
exists.

We normally do this in October, no? Is there plans for one then?

John Bau

Sep 13, 2019, 9:37:15 PM9/13/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
So do we only have two scopes so far? I'm hesitant to invite folks to
drive up from ABQ for that.

BCJ

Sep 14, 2019, 12:40:46 AM9/14/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
I'm trying.
Brad

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D7C4451.7030403%40centurylink.net.

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 14, 2019, 2:05:49 AM9/14/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brad be great to have you. Thanks to all for your responses thus far. This event is ON no matter how few or how many (lots please) scopes we have.

Please all join us if you can make it!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/1321933809.4807540.1568436041353%40mail.yahoo.com.

John Bau

Sep 14, 2019, 8:30:05 AM9/14/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Yoda says "Do. There is no try" :)

On 9/13/2019 10:40 PM, 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club wrote:
> I'm trying.
> Brad
>
> On Friday, September 13, 2019, 07:37:16 PM MDT, John Bau
> <jb...@centurylink.net> wrote:
>

> So do we only have two scopes so far? I'm hesitant to invite folks to
> drive up from ABQ for that.
>
> On 9/10/2019 6:17 PM, John Bau wrote:
> > Thanks for the consideration, Peter. Just FYI, that limitation no longer
> > exists.
> >
> > We normally do this in October, no? Is there plans for one then?
> >
> > On 9/10/2019 2:22 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> >> Thanks John I did 3rd Friday just for you.
> >>
> >> On Tue, Sep 10, 2019, 8:06 AM John Bau <jb...@centurylink.net
> <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>

BCJ

Sep 15, 2019, 1:48:25 AM9/15/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
This from the same John Bau who quit astronomy for a year.  My schedule is a bit weird right now.  I think I may be available but not absolutely until Friday.

John Bau

Sep 15, 2019, 7:37:13 AM9/15/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> This from the same John Bau who quit astronomy for a year.

That was a cheap shot. You know why that happened.

> My schedule
> is a bit weird right now. I think I may be available but not absolutely
> until Friday.

I hope you can make it.

> On Saturday, September 14, 2019, 06:30:07 AM MDT, John Bau
> <jb...@centurylink.net> wrote:
>

> Yoda says "Do. There is no try" :)
>
> On 9/13/2019 10:40 PM, 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club wrote:
> > I'm trying.
> > Brad
> >
> > On Friday, September 13, 2019, 07:37:16 PM MDT, John Bau

BCJ

Sep 16, 2019, 2:10:29 AM9/16/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I do, sir.  I understand, but it was just too easy.

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 17, 2019, 1:54:34 PM9/17/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
OK so update time. Looks like

Me, John and Brad J?

Still room for more to join!

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/559286650.5231396.1568614165363%40mail.yahoo.com.

Bill Donahue

Sep 17, 2019, 2:08:48 PM9/17/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com

Stephen Bohannon

Sep 17, 2019, 2:10:37 PM9/17/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
I'd love to help out with this one, but Fridays are always booked for me. It would be great to connect with you all again before my wife and I move to San Francisco in late November. She will start her position with the National Park Service's Rivers, Trails, and Conservation Assistance (RTCA) program on Dec 1. Too good an opportunity for us to pass up. I'll miss New Mexican skies, but will be back often and hope to get some viewing in with you all before I go.

That said, I have the club's 8" dobsonian "Frankenscope." It needs some love—focuser knob threading slips, mount's swivel washers and pin are loose, a dusty mirror, etc. I'd love to get it back into rotation if someone can give it a good home. Peter and Francois have dibs as it's mostly made of their parts, but message me directly if interested.

All the best, and the darkest of skies,

Stephen Bohannon
502 640 6400 [m]

Francois-Marie Patorni

Sep 17, 2019, 6:20:17 PM9/17/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com, Stephen BOHANNON

I can take it back (I suppose it is the same one I gave ages ago) if no one has a burning desire to get it and fix it.

FM

BCJ

Sep 18, 2019, 2:21:13 AM9/18/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hate to lose you, Steven, but your wife's good job is way too good to pass up.  I think I gave an 8" culvert tube to the college out on the south end a few years ago.  I used to love San Fran, but it is very expensive and the gutters downtown at night were full of crackheads last time I was there.
You know the El Dorado group is going to be out at Pecos Monument on Saturday. I don't know if you need to get on the list, first.
Brad

John Bau

Sep 18, 2019, 7:59:29 AM9/18/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com