CALL FOR SCOPES - Santa Fe Conservation Trust, Oct. 4th West Basin Ridge Galisteo Basin Preserve ~7 pm

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 26, 2019, 12:25:18 PM9/26/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Support an important local organization with outreach at a beautiful venue near Galisteo off County Rd 42.

Music, food and starry skies

Who can join me?

BCJ

Sep 26, 2019, 10:19:11 PM9/26/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Is that there going into Cowboy Cabin or is it up on the ridge above the cabin?
B.

John Bau

Sep 26, 2019, 10:27:37 PM9/26/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
I should be good.

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 26, 2019, 10:34:14 PM9/26/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com

Francois-Marie Patorni

Sep 27, 2019, 2:31:50 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com

<<Support an important local organization with outreach at a beautiful venue near Galisteo off County Rd 42.>>

Who, what, when? What time? Do we make a donation? There or in advance?

John Bau

Sep 27, 2019, 5:40:46 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Can I bring along an "assistant"? I have an elderly frind who can't
drive at night, and thought this would be a good one to bring her along to.

On 9/26/2019 8:34 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> Dropped pin
>
> Near 52 W Basin Ridge, Lamy, NM 87540
> https://maps.app.goo.gl/f4k91YPo8EzS1ZkP8
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 8:19 PM 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club
> <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Is that there going into Cowboy Cabin or is it up on the ridge above
> the cabin?
> B.
>
> On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:25:19 AM MDT, Peter Lipscomb
> <pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>

> Support an important local organization with outreach at a beautiful
> venue near Galisteo off County Rd 42.
>
> Music, food and starry skies
>
> Who can join me?

> send an email to
> capital-city-astron...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-astron...@googlegroups.com>.
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpjF5nPPms57CUkskwrdE0uXn%2B0TSy40h1LXyAxJZ0xDMQ%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> send an email to
> capital-city-astron...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-astron...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/1109567099.13601.1569550748485%40mail.yahoo.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/1109567099.13601.1569550748485%40mail.yahoo.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpi8s1JzmbX09U7zJTGu8GfV40Qu%3DvDEGC0g7ve2fX8OKg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpi8s1JzmbX09U7zJTGu8GfV40Qu%3DvDEGC0g7ve2fX8OKg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 27, 2019, 5:42:13 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Sure

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D8E81E4.2060400%40centurylink.net.

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 27, 2019, 5:44:12 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hi F-M

You can donate any time at

Other details in thread title and body. Come join us if you can!

Francois-Marie Patorni

Sep 27, 2019, 6:15:44 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com

Dear all who might be as confused as I was, below is the information:

https://sfct.org/event/star-gazing-party-2/?instance_id=350

You buy the $50 ticket online. Maybe you are invited if you bring a telescope, I have no idea. The website states that it starts at 6:30pm

FM

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 27, 2019, 6:26:05 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hi F-M super info.

Nice to see what the is being shared for attendees.

Good to know.

This thread is CALL FOR SCOPES. Volunteers are not expected to buy in advance.

Similar to events past out by the Cowboy Shack.

John Bau

Sep 27, 2019, 6:31:29 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Pay to play? I rather doubt it...

On 9/27/2019 4:15 PM, Francois-Marie Patorni wrote:
> Dear all who might be as confused as I was, below is the information:
>
> https://sfct.org/event/star-gazing-party-2/?instance_id=350
>
> You buy the $50 ticket online. Maybe you are invited if you bring a
> telescope, I have no idea. The website states that it starts at 6:30pm
>
> FM
>
> *From: *"capital-city-...@googlegroups.com"
> <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com> on behalf of Peter
> Lipscomb <pslip...@gmail.com>
> *Date: *Friday, September 27, 2019 at 3:44 PM
> *To: *"capital-city-...@googlegroups.com"
> <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>
> *Subject: *Re: CALL FOR SCOPES - Santa Fe Conservation Trust, Oct. 4th
> West Basin Ridge Galisteo Basin Preserve ~7 pm
>
> Hi F-M
>
> You can donate any time at
>
> sfct.org <http://sfct.org>
>
> Other details in thread title and body. Come join us if you can!
>
> On Fri, Sep 27, 2019, 12:31 PM Francois-Marie Patorni
> <fmpa...@earthlink.net <mailto:fmpa...@earthlink.net>> wrote:
>
> <<Support an important local organization with outreach at a
> beautiful venue near Galisteo off County Rd 42.>>
>
> Who, what, when? What time? Do we make a donation? There or in advance?
>
> François-Marie Patorni
>
> (505) 231 4191
>
> www.newmexicofrenchhistory.com <http://www.newmexicofrenchhistory.com>
>
> *From: *"capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>"
> <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>> on behalf of
> Peter Lipscomb <pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>>
> *Date: *Thursday, September 26, 2019 at 8:34 PM
> *To: *"capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>"
> <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>>
> *Subject: *Re: CALL FOR SCOPES - Santa Fe Conservation Trust, Oct.
> 4th West Basin Ridge Galisteo Basin Preserve ~7 pm
>
> Dropped pin
>
> Near 52 W Basin Ridge, Lamy, NM 87540
>
> https://maps.app.goo.gl/f4k91YPo8EzS1ZkP8
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 8:19 PM 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club
> <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Is that there going into Cowboy Cabin or is it up on the ridge
> above the cabin?
>
> B.
>
> On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:25:19 AM MDT, Peter Lipscomb

John Bau

Sep 27, 2019, 6:34:00 PM9/27/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
That sounds lore like it...

On 9/27/2019 4:25 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> [...]
>
> ____
>
> Dropped pin____
>
> ____
>
> Near 52 W Basin Ridge, Lamy, NM 87540____
>
> https://maps.app.goo.gl/f4k91YPo8EzS1ZkP8____
>
> ____
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 8:19 PM 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy
> Club <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:____
>
> Is that there going into Cowboy Cabin or is it up on the
> ridge above the cabin?____
>
> B.____
>
> ____
>
> On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:25:19 AM MDT, Peter
> Lipscomb <pslip...@gmail.com
> <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>> wrote: ____
>
> ____
>
> ____
>
> Support an important local organization with outreach at a

BCJ

Sep 28, 2019, 2:43:08 AM9/28/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
I'm pretty sure we are part of the $50 worth of entertainment.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D8E8DC7.9090904%40centurylink.net.

John Bau

Sep 28, 2019, 7:34:01 AM9/28/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Aye

On 9/28/2019 12:43 AM, 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club wrote:
> [...]
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> > <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>>>
> > *Subject: *Re: CALL FOR SCOPES - Santa Fe Conservation Trust, Oct.
> > 4th West Basin Ridge Galisteo Basin Preserve ~7 pm
> >
> > Dropped pin
> >
> > Near 52 W Basin Ridge, Lamy, NM 87540
> >
> > https://maps.app.goo.gl/f4k91YPo8EzS1ZkP8
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 8:19 PM 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club
> > <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>>> wrote:
> >
> > Is that there going into Cowboy Cabin or is it up on the ridge
> > above the cabin?
> >
> > B.
> >
> > On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:25:19 AM MDT, Peter Lipscomb

Alan Eckert

Sep 28, 2019, 4:36:26 PM9/28/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
A worthy cause, so I will do this one. If you have too many, you may drop me.

Alan

Peter Lipscomb

Sep 28, 2019, 4:39:47 PM9/28/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com

The more the merrier! Great to know you can join us Alan

John Bau

Oct 1, 2019, 11:05:00 PM10/1/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Do they have an alternate date? Friday is looking foreboding...

On 9/26/2019 8:34 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> Dropped pin
>
> Near 52 W Basin Ridge, Lamy, NM 87540
> https://maps.app.goo.gl/f4k91YPo8EzS1ZkP8
>
> On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 8:19 PM 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club
> <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>> wrote:
>
> Is that there going into Cowboy Cabin or is it up on the ridge above
> the cabin?
> B.
>
> On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:25:19 AM MDT, Peter Lipscomb

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 1, 2019, 11:45:05 PM10/1/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
We - me and my contact at the trust have discussed weather and alternate dates already.

They are the lead on this event. When I get an update, I will let you all know the plan.

BCJ

Oct 2, 2019, 12:31:02 AM10/2/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks John, I was thinking Sat, not Fryday.

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D9413DB.5030903%40centurylink.net.

John Bau

Oct 2, 2019, 7:48:23 AM10/2/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Probably not a lot of frying will happen, outdoors anyway. They upped
the chance of rain to 80%.

On 10/1/2019 10:31 PM, 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club wrote:
> Thanks John, I was thinking Sat, not Fryday.
>
> On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 09:05:01 PM MDT, John Bau
> <jb...@centurylink.net> wrote:
>

> Do they have an alternate date? Friday is looking foreboding...
>
> On 9/26/2019 8:34 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> > Dropped pin
> >
> > Near 52 W Basin Ridge, Lamy, NM 87540
> > https://maps.app.goo.gl/f4k91YPo8EzS1ZkP8
> >
> > On Thu, Sep 26, 2019, 8:19 PM 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club
> > <capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-...@googlegroups.com>>> wrote:
> >
> > Is that there going into Cowboy Cabin or is it up on the ridge above
> > the cabin?
> > B.
> >
> > On Thursday, September 26, 2019, 10:25:19 AM MDT, Peter Lipscomb
> > <pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 2, 2019, 12:49:14 PM10/2/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Still too far out to say for sure

My look at weather.com today says AM and into mid day 80% tapering off toward evening with partly cloudy skies possible.

All subject to change. The nature of the beast.

Like I said earlier, I will get you all an update re: SFCT plans when I know more

John Bau

Oct 2, 2019, 1:25:10 PM10/2/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Of course... this is just pre-game commentary :)

On 10/2/2019 10:49 AM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> Still too far out to say for sure
>
> My look at weather.com <http://weather.com> today says AM and into mid
> day 80% tapering off toward evening with partly cloudy skies possible.
>
> All subject to change. The nature of the beast.
>
> Like I said earlier, I will get you all an update re: SFCT plans when I
> know more
>
> On Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 5:48 AM John Bau <jb...@centurylink.net
> <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>> wrote:
>
> Probably not a lot of frying will happen, outdoors anyway. They upped
> the chance of rain to 80%.
>
> On 10/1/2019 10:31 PM, 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy Club wrote:
> > Thanks John, I was thinking Sat, not Fryday.
> >
> > On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 09:05:01 PM MDT, John Bau

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 2, 2019, 3:34:15 PM10/2/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Trust says "on like Donkey Kong"

OK not it really, but they are going forward with the event.

Food, music, storytelling, and stargazing possible if weather cooperates. Bring a scope be ready to share views.

If clouds skunk us, you will still have a nice evening out with great people, some yummy treats and happy tunes.

Tony G

Oct 3, 2019, 1:47:29 PM10/3/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
AP is a completely different beast than visual...it's a game about stability and overcoming noise.  It's also a very expensive game to do if you want to do it halfway decently!

So I thought I'd check here to see if anyone has relevant gear that is collecting dust etc which would help save my wallet from shedding too many tears.

I'm not tied to any specific piece of equipment but  generally speaking, am aiming for the wide field small APO refractor side of things (think 60-80mm f/6ish...I mean, the RASA8 would be a fantastic way to go too, but I fear that very good deals to go that direction are non-existent at this time), with a GEM (something along the lines of a CGEMII or EQ6-R).  Guiding and imaging cameras is open ended and of interest, but I plan on using my DSLR at first since it is budget friendly and already available.

Please email me directly if you might have something you wish to get rid of that might be of interest to me.
drg...@gmail.com

Thanks
-Tony

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 4, 2019, 5:08:11 PM10/4/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Sky breaking to clear in the west. Event start at 6pm. I plan to be on site ~5:30

John Bau

Oct 4, 2019, 5:55:40 PM10/4/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Is the best way to get there from 14 or 285?
> > <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>>>
> wrote:
> >
> > Probably not a lot of frying will happen, outdoors
> anyway. They upped
> > the chance of rain to 80%.
> >
> > On 10/1/2019 10:31 PM, 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy
> Club wrote:
> > > Thanks John, I was thinking Sat, not Fryday.
> > >
> > > On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 09:05:01 PM MDT, John Bau
> > > <jb...@centurylink.net <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>
> <mailto:capital-city-astronomy-club%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>.
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpj8Kqdr9f_8FqksLPoTVUouM2PzvsCn2O47EE9AP6b0Hg%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpj8Kqdr9f_8FqksLPoTVUouM2PzvsCn2O47EE9AP6b0Hg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 4, 2019, 6:11:43 PM10/4/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
14 then a left on County Road 40 to follow it almost all the way out to galisteo then take a right at number 52 West Basin Ridge

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D97BFE1.1010606%40centurylink.net.

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 4, 2019, 6:21:48 PM10/4/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Country road 42...darn voice to text!

John Bau

Oct 4, 2019, 6:22:35 PM10/4/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
You mean Co Rd 42, correct?

On 10/4/2019 4:11 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> 14 then a left on County Road 40 to follow it almost all the way out to
> galisteo then take a right at number 52 West Basin Ridge
>
> On Fri, Oct 4, 2019, 3:55 PM John Bau <jb...@centurylink.net
> <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>> wrote:
>
> Is the best way to get there from 14 or 285?
>
> On 10/4/2019 3:07 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> > Sky breaking to clear in the west. Event start at 6pm. I plan to
> be on
> > site ~5:30
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 1:22 PM Peter Lipscomb <pslip...@gmail.com
> <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>
> > <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>>> wrote:
> >
> > Trust says "on like Donkey Kong"
> >
> > OK not it really, but they are going forward with the event.
> >
> > Food, music, storytelling, and stargazing possible if weather
> > cooperates. Bring a scope be ready to share views.
> >
> > If clouds skunk us, you will still have a nice evening out with
> > great people, some yummy treats and happy tunes.
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 11:25 AM John Bau <jb...@centurylink.net
> <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>
> <mailto:capital-city-astronomy-club%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-astronomy-club%252Buns...@googlegroups.com>>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D94DD73.8040306%40centurylink.net.
> >
> > --
> send
> > an email to
> capital-city-astron...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-astronomy-club%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>
> > <mailto:capital-city-astron...@googlegroups.com
> <mailto:capital-city-astronomy-club%2Bunsu...@googlegroups.com>>.
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpj8Kqdr9f_8FqksLPoTVUouM2PzvsCn2O47EE9AP6b0Hg%40mail.gmail.com
> >
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpj8Kqdr9f_8FqksLPoTVUouM2PzvsCn2O47EE9AP6b0Hg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpj8Kqdr9f_8FqksLPoTVUouM2PzvsCn2O47EE9AP6b0Hg%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpg6P8PtNAZP8%3DqkJYkrFZh6oHZ7A9WMeNiWMQG59-J_7g%40mail.gmail.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/CAGNtXpg6P8PtNAZP8%3DqkJYkrFZh6oHZ7A9WMeNiWMQG59-J_7g%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 4, 2019, 6:28:27 PM10/4/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Yes

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/capital-city-astronomy-club/5D97C630.9050100%40centurylink.net.

John Bau

Oct 4, 2019, 6:34:55 PM10/4/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Got it, thanks

On 10/4/2019 4:28 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> [...]
> >
> > Is the best way to get there from 14 or 285?
> >
> > On 10/4/2019 3:07 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> > > Sky breaking to clear in the west. Event start at 6pm. I plan to
> > be on
> > > site ~5:30
> > >
> > > On Wed, Oct 2, 2019, 1:22 PM Peter Lipscomb
> <pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>
> > <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>>
> > > <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>
> <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com <mailto:pslip...@gmail.com>>>> wrote:
> > >
> > > Trust says "on like Donkey Kong"
> > >
> > > OK not it really, but they are going forward with the event.
> > >
> > > Food, music, storytelling, and stargazing possible if weather
> > > cooperates. Bring a scope be ready to share views.
> > >
> > > If clouds skunk us, you will still have a nice evening out with
> > > great people, some yummy treats and happy tunes.

John Bau

Oct 6, 2019, 10:48:11 AM10/6/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Dewey conditions aside, it was a great evening, very intelligent and
enthusiastic attendees.

On 10/4/2019 3:07 PM, Peter Lipscomb wrote:
> > <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>>>
> wrote:
> >
> > Probably not a lot of frying will happen, outdoors
> anyway. They upped
> > the chance of rain to 80%.
> >
> > On 10/1/2019 10:31 PM, 'BCJ' via Capital City Astronomy
> Club wrote:
> > > Thanks John, I was thinking Sat, not Fryday.
> > >
> > > On Tuesday, October 1, 2019, 09:05:01 PM MDT, John Bau
> > > <jb...@centurylink.net <mailto:jb...@centurylink.net>

Peter Lipscomb

Oct 6, 2019, 3:29:47 PM10/6/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Agreed. Thank you John and BCJ for helping make the event a success.