CALL FOR SCOPES @ VILLENUEVA STATE PARK Saturday 9 June 2018 REMINDER

BCJ

Jun 8, 2018, 2:06:14 AM6/8/18
to Capital City Astronomy Club, John Remaly, Mark Rollins, Jeffrey Davis, Encinias Samuel EMNRD

In two days we have this opportunity.   Come join me at this great viewing spot.  Hope to see you Sat evening.  Mr. Encinias has allowed me to leave after 21:00 in the past (because it is a camping park and has a one way gate at night) and I hope he can still allow that, or we will have about a half hour of viewing
Sunset is @ 20:15 and dark a half hour or so after that.  The moon is not a factor.  Satellites are:
ISS:  -2.9 @ 21:34 WNW-SW37deg up-S.

This is one of our annuals and is a wonderful view of the sky and very dark.  The campers are appreciative and one time one of them gave me a meal.  You can camp overnight, if you wish as the ranger there appreciates our visits.  If you can make it, contact me and I will give instructions how to get there complete with Google earth waypoint file and pic.  It really is one of our nicest astronomy places.
Brad C. Jones

Villanueva State Park Astronomy Site, Villanueva, NM.kmz
Villanueva State Park Astronomy Site, Villanueva, NM.jpg

John Bau

Jun 8, 2018, 11:18:32 AM6/8/18
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
I can't make it, Brad, my knee is acting up again. Hope you have a great
time.

BCJ

Jun 8, 2018, 6:43:20 PM6/8/18
to Capital City Astronomy Club, John Remaly, Mark Rollins

May 28, 2019, 5:57:54 PM5/28/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Excuse me John.  I had missread this post some time ago and forgot. Thought you had said you might be coming. I hope your knee is much better.  Or maybe you did say you might because this is an old posting.  Did I lose your latest?
Brad

John Bau

May 28, 2019, 8:40:09 PM5/28/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Hi Brad,
That message is from last year. I guess the knee is better, I've
forgotten about it :)

Too bad Frenchy's is out of the running now, this past Fri and Sat would
have been good nights to set up down there. I enjoyed doing those.

BCJ

May 29, 2019, 1:20:59 AM5/29/19
to capital-city-...@googlegroups.com
Sorry if you can't make it.  No problem as I have done it by myself in the past, as did Peter L., and now I have two other scopes, so I will miss you, but not sorely.  Too bad you don't get to see the site, if you don't make it.
Love,
Brad