Have we won the war?

Alan Karp

Jan 17, 2023, 11:14:26 AM1/17/23
to cap-...@googlegroups.com, <friam@googlegroups.com>

Mark S. Miller

Jan 17, 2023, 12:00:36 PM1/17/23
to cap-...@googlegroups.com, <friam@googlegroups.com>
Translation?

Alex Vincent

Jan 17, 2023, 12:05:06 PM1/17/23
to fr...@googlegroups.com, cap-...@googlegroups.com
There's a "See translation" link at the bottom of the French text.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "friam" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/friam/CAK-_AD6uVE0EOh_VYziWv7mHD6_Djncn-46NvSDW44indw2J1A%40mail.gmail.com.

--
"The first step in confirming there is a bug in someone else's work is confirming there are no bugs in your own."
-- Alexander J. Vincent, June 30, 2001

Jonathan A Rees

Jan 17, 2023, 2:38:24 PM1/17/23
to 'Mark S. Miller' via cap-talk

From Google translate:

"This is what I would sincerely recommend a Front-End developer learn.

We need people to know the architecture of the web, stop abusing technical terms like REST and start learning the trade-offs and characteristics of REST and HATEOAS.

We desperately need people to stop making apps that crash, lose running data, and ruin people's lives.
It is high time we started to respect users to the point of providing them with reliable software.

CSS is perhaps a textbook case of the kind of goofball you get when you ignore the science.
I strongly suspect that it's so atrocious and that elm-ui is so handy because of side effects and expressiveness: as long as you stay within the imperative language paradigm, a declarative language like CSS will have limited capabilities. But as long as we move into pure functional programming, we can create extremely powerful declarative languages and frameworks, as elm-ui did with Elm."

On 1/17/23 12:00, 'Mark S. Miller' via cap-talk wrote:
Translation?

On Tue, Jan 17, 2023 at 8:14 AM Alan Karp <alan...@gmail.com> wrote:
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "cap-talk" group.

Mark S. Miller

Jan 17, 2023, 4:44:46 PM1/17/23
to cap-...@googlegroups.com
Thanks. The translation from linked-in is apparently available only if one is signed in to linked-in.

Pierre Thierry

Mar 20, 2023, 7:46:50 PM3/20/23
to cap-talk