CR 34 Cove Stripe

Clay

May 16, 2012, 10:44:17 AM5/16/12
to caborico
We are planning to re paint the cove stripe on our CR34..I think it's
British Racing Green? At least that is what I found(applicator paint
tube) in all the extra stuff that came with the boat. Looks to have
been sprayed on?

Thanks,

Clay
s/v 'Tango'
CR 34 Hull #2

LDCB...@aol.com

May 16, 2012, 11:13:57 AM5/16/12
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Yes that is the color.  A friend has his 42 Catalina redone by a professional painter. Didn't cost that much for just the stripe. I have seen some nice roll and tip jobs,.
Larry
Venteux

Bill Jones

May 16, 2012, 3:04:53 PM5/16/12
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
My 38 is in the yard and i need to replace the shaft log. It is brass and it sprung a leak in the bilges,  i do not recall if our forum ever addressed this.  i am also not sure how to get into the forum archives.  The yard foreman showed me a fiberglass shaft log and said this is what they use now.  Does anyone have any experience replacing your shaft log?
Thanks,
Bill
Alakazam
--

Bill Jones

DRE  01213909
Mobile: (408) 234-4725

Cab...@aol.com

May 16, 2012, 5:41:43 PM5/16/12
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
The tail piece comes from Algonquin Brass. the log may also. The end of the log is threaded for the tail piece. Fiberglass sounds good but the end must be threaded for the tailpiece. It should knock out or should I say in, toward the engine without too much trouble. Put it back in from the inside of the boat, a jack up against the gear box?

Breck Caine CR 38 #19

Geoffrey Ferrell

Nov 12, 2021, 9:33:22 PM11/12/21
to caborico
British Racing Green?
I have more than a few ares that have been rubbed off (nice marina slacken your lines for the monster tide but, when the tide goes down...) or chipped off. I imagine that BRG isn't exactly the same color company to company?  Does anyone have any more information about the cove stripe color? Like, does Petit or another company have it - and is it a good match?

Geoff SV Callae Jane 38PH

DAVID CAMERON

Nov 13, 2021, 6:39:07 AM11/13/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Take a picture .paint stores have a way of matching from the picture

Sent from my iPad

LARRY BARKER

Nov 13, 2021, 10:49:44 AM11/13/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I have always been told it is British Racing Green if that helps.  If not painting the entire stripe matching the existing color might be hard due to sun and fading over time.

Sent from my iPhone