CR38 Standing Rigging

David Selfors

Jul 27, 2021, 2:47:25 PM7/27/21
to caborico
Hello CR friends,
Does anyone have a standing rigging drawing for the CR38 ( I own an '84)?  I'm not sure if the previous owner made changes.  I'd like to start a  slow process of updating the standing rigging as I go.  Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
Dave

RoadKingWilly

Jul 27, 2021, 3:09:18 PM7/27/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
I do not have a drawing but I just replaced all of my sanding rigging.  The fore and aft stays were 3/8" and the remaining stays were 5/16"  All of my standing rigging is now 3/8"

Bill

Jim Ulmer

Jul 27, 2021, 4:36:46 PM7/27/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Hi Dave,

This is what was posted on the Facebook owners group files page. Looks like it was all 5/16 from the factory.

Jim

--

38 cabo rico 723.jpg
38 cabo rico 721.jpg

Thierry Danz

Jul 27, 2021, 5:32:16 PM7/27/21
to Cabo Rico Group
The 1993 specs for the CR38 list: " 3/8", 5/16", 9/32" & 1/4" 1 x 19 SS wire standing rigging".

I would think 3/8" for headstay, cap shrouds and bobstay; 5/16" forward and aft lowers, forestay, backstay and running backs; 9/32" whisker stays.

Thierry

cab...@aol.com

Jul 28, 2021, 12:36:20 PM7/28/21
to tdan...@gmail.com, cabo...@googlegroups.com
Cabo did not do the rigging. It was done by a company in FL. they did everything in 5/16th. I looked up the working drawings long ago that had the working loads needed. I wish I could remember what I used but at least 3/8ths for fore and back stay, headstay and cap shrouds, larger for the bob stay. The rest I left at 5/16th. The holes in the chain plates were set up for 1/2"??? for what I replaced.