Door Latches

N C

Jan 3, 2015, 11:36:51 AM1/3/15
to Cabo Rico
Seasons Greetings to All,

Does anyone have a source for this type of folding door handle?

Thanks,

Nick

IMG_0628.JPG

Clay

Jan 3, 2015, 12:18:54 PM1/3/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Jamestown Marine?

Thierry Danz

Jan 3, 2015, 12:52:36 PM1/3/15
to Cabo Rico list
Nick,

They are from Southco Marine. Www.southco.com. I replaced one of the other"regular" door locks a year ago. I got them as a special order through Hamilton Marine. They are "made to order" and the minimum order was for two. Not cheap. I paid $180 for the two. See attached pdf.

Thierry
CR42#12 CURLEW
Baltimore, MD

mc.en.pdf

N C

Jan 4, 2015, 7:44:49 AM1/4/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Clay,
I've tried them before but, wasn't able to find them.

Thanks,
Nick

N C

Jan 4, 2015, 8:17:38 AM1/4/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Thierry,

Thanks. I just started looking through their inventory, but haven't been able to find the round handles yet. I keep getting cut off the marina wifi so the search is slow!

Nick
<mc.en.pdf>

Thierry Danz

Jan 4, 2015, 10:20:58 AM1/4/15
to Cabo Rico list
Nick,
Except for that folding handle, the lock assemblies are identical. I had to replace the actual lock mechanism to the head (which has two regular handles), and temporarily took the one from the after cabin and put it in the head door. Unless you need the actual folding handle you could order one with the two regular handles. I can't find the folding handle option on their website either, but they write that "Locks, handles, and trim are available in dozens of styles".

Thierry

N C

Jan 4, 2015, 10:41:29 AM1/4/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Thierry,
 I'm looking for the rounded folding handles. The regular "lever" handles have the uncanny propensity for snagging clothing. It's just a matter of time before the handles get snapped off.

Nick

curtis hoffman

Jan 4, 2015, 10:47:29 AM1/4/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Walk slower!

Sent from my iPhone

Clay

Jan 4, 2015, 10:55:29 AM1/4/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Are not the levers on the inside and the rounded handles on the outside..? As I recall snagging clothing on the lever while passing the open door to the aft cabin on occasion..

Sent from my iPad

N C

Jan 4, 2015, 12:31:15 PM1/4/15
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
All of mine with the exception of one are the lever handles. The rounded one is on the inside of one of the doors going to the head. I've had people snag them quite a few times.

Garrett

Nov 30, 2020, 2:12:24 PM11/30/20
to caborico

Did you ever find a latch for the forward locker?

N C

Nov 30, 2020, 4:45:41 PM11/30/20
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Garrett,
I'm looking to replace the lever type handles with the round fold down type. The lock mechanisms and actual door latches are fine. I have yet to find them.

Nick

Sent from my iPad