Mystic boarding ladder on CR34?

Chuck Batson

Dec 23, 2020, 3:36:00 PM12/23/20
to caborico
Greetings! I see from searching the archives that at least a couple folks on here have the Mystic genoa track mounted boarding ladder. With the addition of a Monitor steering vane eliminating the stern ladder, it's come time for me to consider this option as well. However, a few things weren't clear from the past posts, and hoping you guys can chime in with your experience and wisdom.

1. Has anyone used the Mystic ladder attached to the genoa track on the CR34?

2. If so, where exactly on the track did you mount it?

3. How do you avoid interference with / chafing of the genoa sheet?

4. What, if anything, did you do with the lifelines/stanchions at that location?

It's looking like the most apt mounting location is between the genoa sheet cars (photo below), but I'm concerned about possible chafe or fouling of the genoa sheets. There is not a whole lot of room back here to work with.

Happy holidays,

Chuck
CR34 #34
San Rafael, CA

Option1.jpg

Chuck Batson

Jan 30, 2021, 10:42:43 PM1/30/21
to caborico
Took a leap of faith and installed the ladder. So far so good! Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but installation was a snap. 👍

IMG_4507.JPG

Leslie.Owen

Jan 31, 2021, 8:01:45 AM1/31/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com
Looks like ours..we have an additional rail mounts on the opposit side so moving the ladder to the either side is easy peazy..

s/v Tango

Sent from my iPad

Leslie Owen

Jan 31, 2021, 10:11:48 AM1/31/21
to cabo...@googlegroups.com

Here is our ladder mounted on port side. We slide it back behind aft gate stantion when in port so it is supported and the gate is down. When at anchor or a mooring it is moved into the gate opening so it is easy to come aboard. Our boom gallows provides a good hand hold as we come up the ladder. As you can see we don’t have issues with our Genoa sheet chafing on the ladder. It is important to turn the ladder around when moving to the other side of the boat. Ask my why I know this.....yes I know it’s turned the wrong way right now.
Enjoy your new ladder. It is a good piece of equipment.

Leslie

s/v Tango, CR 34, Hull #2

Sent from my iPad

On Jan 30, 2021, at 10:42 PM, Chuck Batson <cbat...@gmail.com> wrote:

Took a leap of faith and installed the ladder. So far so good! Haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but installation was a snap. 👍

John MacKenzie

Feb 1, 2021, 5:15:19 PM2/1/21
to caborico
Leslie and Chuck,

Thanks for sharing this. The photos are very helpful.  I've been wondering what the best solution might be for a side ladder.

Maybe this will ascend up (the ladder) on my project list! Ha, ha!

John
s/v Avalon CR38 #145