IT Infrastructure Architect, Harrisburg, PA (State Of PA) F2F is required

Prashant G

Feb 7, 2019, 12:46:26 PM2/7/19
to Prashant Gowdnoor

Short Description:

The incumbent in this position serves as an IT Infrastructure Architect.

Complete Description:

***Client would prefer candidates local to the Harrisburg, PA Area.***

Complete Description:

The IT Infrastructure Architect will assist the develop and solidify strategies for the I&EDDC overall computing needs. The individual will provide technical guidance and consulting across the organization, from understanding and adhering to the Enterprise Architecture strategies and guidelines down to the tactical implementations as an Infrastructure Architect at the project level.

This person is responsible for the planning and design activities of complex IT infrastructure components and solutions.

Responsibilities:

•Leads IT infrastructure architectural related activities for the Bureau of Infrastructure and Operations (BIO), align in supporting new initiatives from all Deputates outlined within the IT Portfolio.

• Serve as an IT Infrastructure Architect whose responsibilities include reviewing application requirements, then design the technical infrastructure to supplement the application of the end-to-end integrated solution.

• Oversee IT Infrastructure evaluations and selections of Enterprise level technologies and services to support mission critical applications.

• Develop and communicate Infrastructure architectural guidance for applications, identify target platforms and interface patterns.

• Maintain in-depth knowledge of the Infrastructure and Economic Development Delivery Center (I&EDDC) strategic business plans and provide technical guidance to achieve the goals and objectives.

• Provide Infrastructure Architecture consulting expertise, direction, and assistance to System Analysts, System Engineers, and other IT Architects.

• Develop in-depth knowledge of the Infrastructure and Economic Delivery Center existing IT Infrastructure Architecture patterns and infrastructure components.

• Develop, document, and communicate technology standards.

• Work closely with the Bureau of Solutions Management to understand application functional requirements and provide corresponding technical solutions.

• Work independently as an Infrastructure Architect on project execution teams to design cost effective and highly available IT technical systems to support application solutions.

• Independently provide research and analysis of IT technologies required to support I&EDDC initiatives

• Actively participates as a lead IT role in project execution management teams representing BIO and work closely with the Subject Matter Experts involved.

• Actively participates as a project execution team member representing BIO and work closely with the Subject Matter Experts involved.

• Monitor industry trends and directions; develop and roadmap technical recommendations to Delivery Centers senior management

• Responsible for designing the IT infrastructure for applications to provide optimal performance, availability, reliability and scalability.

• Recognizes and communicates opportunities to leverage/extend existing I&EDDC or Commonwealth assets to meet new demands and/or improve efficiency of Delivery Centers programs.

• Conduct research on emerging IT Technologies that will increase cost effective and infrastructure flexibility

• Review and stay current with existing I&EDDC IT technologies to understand how they are exploited along with providing recommendations of how to reduce cost along with suggestions to improve the IT infrastructure flexibility.

• Participate as an IT Infrastructure Architect during Request for Proposals evaluations and selections.

• Participate as an IT Infrastructure Architect in supporting any Enterprise Architecture and Service Management spawned tasks, e.g. Technology evaluations, sub-committee evaluations.

• Advocates technology integration and management in the in conjunction with supporting OA-OIT ITPs and Delivery Center policies.

• Perform a variety of complicated Infrastructure Architecture tasks with minimal or no direct supervision.

• Prepare and present technical presentations to Delivery Centers senior management.

• Prepare Ball Park Estimates for IT costs associated with I&EDDC initiatives.

• Under the direction of the Chief Technology Officer, participate in advisory and/or policy committees at the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania Office of Administration level as requested or assigned.

Required Skills and Experience:

•      Required:  Minimum of 3 years as an IT Infrastructure Architect focusing on software technologies   and the IT infrastructure required to support Commercial Off the Shelf and home-built applications

•      Required:  10+ years of professional experience in large scale, distributed environment, System Z, Cloud and Hybrid architectures, experience in multiple technologies and multiple roles

•      Required:  Fluent in high availability and recovery design, techniques, architectures, and technologies across IT technologies.

•      Required:  Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills necessary for various audiences including executive management.

•      Desired:  Certified in one of the following Enterprise Architecture Frameworks.

                The Open Group Architecture Framework (TOGAF)

                Gartner EA Framework

                Federal Enterprise Architecture Framework (FEAF)

                The Zachman Framework for Enterprise Architecture

•       Desired:  ITIL Foundations certified.

•       Desired:  AWS / Azure certified Cloud architect.

--
Thanks
Prashant

We respect your online privacy. If you would like to be removed from our mailing list please reply with "Remove" in the subject and we will comply immediately. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.