Indra of Rigveda

Dmitri Semenov

Aug 1, 2023, 10:00:23 AM8/1/23
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Dear forum members,

New book is published with interpretation of hymns to Indra in Rigveda --- from adhyaatma perspective.   PDF can be downloaded here:

https://www.academia.edu/104706238/Indra_of_Rigveda

Best,
     Dmitri.

Nagaraj Paturi

Aug 1, 2023, 10:36:45 AM8/1/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations for this wonderful work !

Thanks for sharing it.

It is a 1531 pages very big work.

Are you keeping it free of cost ?

Best wishes for more work from your pen.

Nagaraj Paturi

Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

Senior Director, IndicA
BoS, MIT School of Vedic Sciences, Pune, Maharashtra
BoS Kavikulaguru Kalidasa Sanskrit University, Ramtek, Maharashtra
BoS Veda Vijnana Gurukula, Bengaluru.
Member, Advisory Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthanam, Bengaluru
BoS Rashtram School of Public Leadership
Editor-in-Chief, International Journal of Studies in Public Leadership
Former Senior Professor of Cultural Studies,
FLAME School of Communication and FLAME School of  Liberal Education,
Hyderabad, Telangana, INDIA.

S. Kalyanaraman

Aug 1, 2023, 11:32:04 AM8/1/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Congratulations to Dmitri Semenov for this extraordinary compilation of the blaze of metaphors of Rgveda related to Indra. An outstanding contribution to understanding the form and function of the prayers of the mantras as the kāru 'poets, artificers' wax eloquent in chandas of breathtaking splendour. Thanks, Dmitri.

Dmitri Semenov

Aug 2, 2023, 8:32:36 AM8/2/23
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
>> Are you keeping it free of cost ?

Yes, PDF of this and of all other my books are free for non-commercial use.  They all can downloaded from

Printed versions are available, but I can't make them free.

Best,
     Dmitri.

Dmitri Semenov

Aug 2, 2023, 8:33:24 AM8/2/23
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Thanks for the kind words, Dr.  Kalyanaraman!

Bijoy Misra

Aug 3, 2023, 7:02:45 AM8/3/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Last night I read the brilliant and exhaustive analysis by Prof Semenov in the new work.
But we have to continue to understand that the Vedas are the recitation of syllables and
not words in a sentence.  Every suukta has to be considered original rather than connected
to any previous composition.  A suukta has to be considered as a meditative utterance
describing a physical event or an internal reflection.

The thought bases on the foundation that syllables are basic to human physiology.  This
is our expressive power.  Each syllable is discrete and independent of the next syllable.
Our respiratory system and the vascular flow set the time scale for a syllable.  The formation
of the syllable is neurological.

Our Vedic studies go slow, we are in the second Mandala now.  We read twice a week,
Tuesdays and Fridays for two and a half hours.  Our thinking is that Indra is a neurological
construct rather than a borrowed word.   A full language model from neurology is several
years away.

Best regards,
Bijoy Misra
US