english translation of book "shankara maha manana", which is in kannada

Krishna Kashyap

May 22, 2023, 10:42:46 AM5/22/23
to A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta, bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

I downloaded this book which is Kannada: "Shankara maha manana". I think this book is an excellent book on Advaita. In a question-and-answer format, he has explained complex concepts in a simple way. However, it is in Kannada and many people do not know Kannada.

Please let me know if this book was translated into English.

here is a list of his English books:

Here is an interesting comment on HH Sacchidanandendra swami ji by Sri Vidyasankar Sundareshan, who incidentally started the Advaita Group, immediately after a conversation on Brihadaranyaka Upanishad ( A 3-way call between myself, Sri VidyaSankar, and Sri Mani Varadarajan. Incidentally, it took place sometime in the year 1986. Not sure. I know the conference call was expensive: probably 5$ per minute. This conversation took place for a couple of hours!!)

Best Regards,

Krishna Kashyap

Ramesh Rao

May 22, 2023, 10:55:38 AM5/22/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
It was $1.12 per minute in 1986. I remember perfectly as I used to spend no more than two to three minutes, once a month, calling Bangalore from Hattiesburg, MS.

That is about all I can contribute to this thread.

Ramesh Rao

Krishna Kashyap

May 22, 2023, 12:10:36 PM5/22/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com, A discussion group for Advaita Vedanta
I guess conference bridges charged a lot higher than 1.12$ per min, which was for 2 party calls. For 3 or more people on a call, private companies offered bridges that were expensive like 4 to 8$ per min

Best Regards,

Krishna Kashyap

G S S Murthy

May 23, 2023, 4:53:03 AM5/23/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
I have heard and perhaps read too that the Holenarsipur version of Advaita is slightly different from that of Sri Bhagavatpaada.
Thanks and regards,
GSS Murthy