Unicode Sanskrit and Vedic font Adishila

Krishnaprasad G

Jul 27, 2020, 4:04:55 PM7/27/20
to Indology, bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear all
The Adishila fonts are officially released. Please download and share.

The main features of the fonts:

Adishila comes with 4 different designs-

Adishila:This font comes with eight type faces. The font design is inspired by Vanivilas Press Srirangam. Originally developed by Nirnay Sagar type foundry.

Adishila San: This font comes with four type faces. The font design is inspired by Nirnay Sagar Press books. Originally developed by Nirnay Sagar type foundry.

Adishila Dev: This font comes with three type faces. The font design is inspired by Nirnay Sagar Press books. Originally developed by Nirnay Sagar type foundry.

Adishila Samskrta: This font comes with single type face. The font design is exact trace of Nirnay Sagar Press books without modification. Originally developed by Nirnay Sagar type foundry.

Character set-

Adishila contains Vedic and Devanagari Extended Unicode character sets. The font also contains Latin and Diacritics IAST character sets and can be used for Sanskrit transliteration. This is also available with the Letterpress variant in which the top line has a gaps after every character;

Adishila San contains Vedic and Devanagari Extended Unicode character sets. The font also contains Latin and Diacritics IAST character sets and can be used for Sanskrit transliteration. This is also available with the Letterpress variant in which the top line has a gaps after every character;

Adishila Dev contains Unicode Devanagari fonts and Latin character sets.

Compatibility Adishila can be used on all major document editing software platforms including LaTeX MS word Indesign etc. on Windows, MAC and Linux.

Keyboard compatibility The fonts can be typeset using Adishila Keyboard or any other standard keyboards like INSCRIPT, Devanagari(for MAC OS) or Vidyut Phonetic Keboard, Vaidika keyboard which are available on the internet. Also compatible with Intranslator 2003.

Madhav Deshpande

Jul 27, 2020, 5:34:40 PM7/27/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad, Indology
Dear Krishna Prasad Ji,

     A great load of thanks are due to you and your Adishila font creator team for their tireless work and making this beautiful set of fonts available free of cost to the world of Sanskrit scholarship.  I congratulate you from the bottom of my heart.  Having spent many years of my own life in designing fonts, I know how much of hard work is involved in this task.  With best regards,

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

K S Kannan

Jul 27, 2020, 9:35:47 PM7/27/20
to bvparishat
A vast resource made freely available!
bahu-jana-hitāya !
The Sanskrit world remains grateful to such dedicated workers.

--
Dr. K.S.Kannan  D.Litt.

​Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj Chair Professor, IIT-Madras.

Senior Fellow, ICSSR, New Delhi.

Academic Director, Swadeshi Indology.

Member, Academic Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthana.

Nominated Member, IIAS, Shimla.

Former Professor, CAHC, Jain University, Bangalore.

Former Director, Karnataka Samskrit University, Bangalore.

Former Head, Dept. of Sanskrit, The National Colleges, Bangalore.

Shashi Kiran B N

Jul 27, 2020, 10:11:49 PM7/27/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Dear Krishnaprasad-ji,

Please accept my heartfelt gratitude. These fonts, doubtless, will adorn Sanskrit books all over the world in the years to come. Every lover of language is indebted to your perfect aesthetic sense and selfless service. May the glimmer in our eyes collectively render aglow the path of your future endeavours.

भूयिष्ठां ते नम उक्तिं विधेम।

Best regards,
Shashi Kiran B N

Ganesh R

Jul 27, 2020, 10:37:45 PM7/27/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
आर्याः,

आदरणीयं विद्वन्मित्रं  श्रीकृष्णप्रसादमहमस्मिन् शुभावसरे हार्दमभिनन्दामि। अनेन गीर्वाणीप्रणयिना यदकारि तत् सर्वथा समर्हति सभाजनम्। विरलाः खल्वीदृक्षा निरपेक्षबान्धवाः सारस्वतजगतः। अस्य कर्मयोगिनो लिपिरूपिणीयं सेवा कृतज्ञतालिपिनिबन्धनपूर्वकं कोविदहृहयकुहरेषु संस्मर्यत इति नास्ति संशीतिलेशः।

इति भवदीयः

रा गणेशः

Shankar Rajaraman

Jul 28, 2020, 12:33:55 AM7/28/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
सृष्टा कृष्णप्रसादेन जयत्यादिशिलालिपिः ।                यया विलिखितं सर्वं शिलोत्कीर्णमिवाक्षरम् ॥
Regards
Shankar Rajaraman

Pankaj Vyas

Jul 28, 2020, 1:29:16 AM7/28/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
अभिनन्दनानि महोदय !
धन्यवादाश्च ।

Mārcis Gasūns

Jul 28, 2020, 5:16:41 AM7/28/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Amazing work done, 15 years in font industry, so I can value what has been done fully!

Krishnaprasad G

Jul 28, 2020, 11:00:42 PM7/28/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Thanks everyone for your kind words.

Sundareswaran N.K

Jul 29, 2020, 12:08:13 AM7/29/20
to bvparishat
नमो वो महद्भ्यः सारस्वतयज्ञदीक्षितेभ्यः नितान्तपरिश्रमशालिभ्य: सुरभारतीसमुपासकेभ्य: ।