{भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्} श्रीशङ्करपञ्चदशी

Kushagra Aniket

May 18, 2022, 9:44:41 PM5/18/22

स्वयं माययाऽरोपितं यत्प्रपञ्चं
निजे शुद्धसत्त्वे निराकृत्य सर्वम्।
तनोषि प्रबोधक्षणे स्वात्मनेदं
यशस्ते समुद्भ्रान्तलोकोपकारिन्॥११

अविज्ञाय नैजां रुजं तेऽविलम्बं
भवन्ति स्वतो रुग्णवर्गा अरोगाः।
निजात्मानुभूत्यौषधस्य प्रभावाद्
भिषक्त्वं चिकित्साविधिस्तेऽद्वितीयः॥१२

दुरितचर्वित-नियतिखर्वित-विभवगर्वित-चञ्चलं
प्रणय-पण्डित-विरति-दण्डित-विकल-खण्डितसम्बलम्।
महिषकेतन-मुषितचेतन-गतनिकेतन-निष्कुलं
समवलम्बय तव पदद्वयपतितमीश रुजाकुलम्॥१३

विषयार्णव-जल-सम्प्लव-परिमज्जन-समये
मदनोद्धत-पवनाहत-झष-सङ्कुल-निलये।
भव मे भव विपदातुर-जन-तारण-तरणिर्
विधुशेखर शिवशङ्कर हर मे हर दुरितम्॥१४

वनिता-सुत-सुहृदादिक-परिवर्जित-भुवने
व्यसनाङ्गन-घन-निर्जन-भव-कानन-गमने।
भव मे भव पथदेशिक इह चापरसृतिभिर्
विधुशेखर शिवशङ्कर हर मे हर दुरितम्॥१५

Sincerely,
Kushagra

Kushagra Aniket
Economist and Management Consultant
Columbia University'21
Cornell University'15
New York, NY, U.S.A.

V Subrahmanian

May 18, 2022, 11:48:36 PM5/18/22
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
अतिरमणीयमिदं पद्यं यदाचार्यशंकरमुद्दिश्य रचितं भवद्भिः |

भवदीयः
सुब्रह्मण्यशर्मा

Ganesh R

May 19, 2022, 12:45:34 AM5/19/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear Sri. Kushagra ji,

Thanks a lot for the beautiful hymn. I am regularly watching your progress in the art of versification and now and then my admiration is also expressed here. Your pen has made a cake walk through the metre bhujangaprayaata,  a layaanvita measure that often baffles the poet with its monotonous khanda-gati. Your composition has happily spared this and has emerged with variety and melody in its phrasing.

Once again thanking you with best regards

 Ganesh

Yogananda CS

May 19, 2022, 9:16:03 AM5/19/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Kushagra Mahodaya,

Lovely composition! (You have emphasised - in bold - couple of words. गतनिकेतन I see it contains Aniket, but why विधुशेखर?)

Regards. . . . . .yoga

Kushagra Aniket

May 19, 2022, 11:24:47 AM5/19/22
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
Many thanks to Dr. R. Ganesh Ji for his kind words of appreciation. With the guidance of esteemed scholars like you, I am taking little steps in the path of Sanskrit writing.

Prof. Yogananda Ji, विधुशेखर is a reference to the next Shankaracharya of Shringeri.

Regards,
Kushagra

Kushagra Aniket
Economist and Management Consultant
Columbia University'21
Cornell University'15
New York, NY, U.S.A.

Yogananda CS

May 19, 2022, 11:32:28 AM5/19/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste, thank you, I thought so.

Kushagra Aniket

May 19, 2022, 11:36:23 AM5/19/22
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
श्रीसुब्रह्मण्यशर्ममहोदयाः,

विद्वन्! त्वामभिवादये च शिरसा तुभ्यं कराभ्यां नमः
पञ्चाङ्गं नमनं विधाय मनसा कायेन वाचा तथा।
अष्टाङ्गप्रणतिं निवेद्य रसिक! स्तोत्रस्रजस्ते गले
चित्तस्थाय शिवाय ते नम इदं भूयात् पुनस्ते नमः॥

Kushagra Aniket
Economist and Management Consultant
Columbia University'21
Cornell University'15
New York, NY, U.S.A.

V Subrahmanian

May 19, 2022, 2:10:25 PM5/19/22
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
अहो भाग्यं जनानाम् | धन्यवादाः |

भवदीयः

Krishna Kashyap

May 20, 2022, 8:20:36 PM5/20/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
namaste Kushagra Ji,

Excellent composition. Please keep writing. Incidentally, on the occasion of the release of the book "Sringeri Vidya Shankara Temple" written by my friend Viswa Sharma, I did meet and offered my namaskaram to HH Vidushekhara Swamiji just yesterday. I wish I had your poem printed readily. I would have offered it to swamiji right there!!. I may be meeting Swamiji again in a couple of days at Shringeri.

Best Regards,

Krishna Kashyap

Kushagra Aniket

May 20, 2022, 9:33:54 PM5/20/22
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
Namaste Sri Krishna Kashyap Ji,

Many thanks for your appreciation.

I am attaching the full stotra here as a PDF in case by God's grace, another such occasion arises. I would be honoured and blessed.

Sincerely,
Kushagra

Kushagra Aniket
Economist and Management Consultant
Columbia University'21
Cornell University'15
New York, NY, U.S.A.

आचार्यवन्दनम्.pdf

Yogananda CS

May 21, 2022, 11:25:18 AM5/21/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Kushagra ji,

I came to Bangalore on some work and had Darshan of Jagadguru Sri Vidhushekhara Bharati Mahaswami. Took the opportunity to mention about you and submitted a printout of the pdf you sent. Acharya glanced at it and said He will look at it.

Regards. . . .yoga

Krishna Kashyap

May 29, 2022, 7:48:27 AM5/29/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
I had to go to Sringeri from 27th to 28th. I had the opportunity to do namaskaram to HH Sringeri Maha Sannidhanam. I handed over Kushagra Ji's poem on Shankaracharya personally. Swami said he will read it.

There were a lot of people over there. I could not really personally talk a lot. I did not stay for the personal meeting that Viswa Sharma had set up later. I could only hand over the paper on "The place of bhakti in Shankara Bhashya" by Prof SS Raghavachar to HH Mahasannidhanam. This is an interesting paper for those who have not read it. see attached.

This paper was an eye-opener for me.

Someone from HUA sent this to me: "

Namaste!  I would like you to listen to this from Minute 22 on, where the mahaswami is asserting that Sri Sankara's conception of bhakti is not the same as that of dvaitins and therein lies a lot of confusion. "

In Viveka chudamani, "sva-svarupanusandhanam bhaktirityabhidheeyate" is mentioned as a quick definition of bhakti by Shankaracharya himself. However, in the Gita bhashya of Shankaracharya, the explanation of bhakti is very unique and only a focused study of it with an open mind will give you an interesting outlook. One would wonder, how the term sva-svarupa anusandhanam can be justified with a clear bheda-view of bhakti for the initial as well as a mature bhakti yogi.  Prof SS Raghavachar has done a great job in his paper. I request scholars in this forum to critique this paper. I am sure this will be of great value to everyone, irrespective of their firm conviction. After reading this paper carefully, I am sure that you will gain a different perspective on this topic.

Best Regards,

Krishna Kashyap

Place of bhakthi in Gita-Bhashya (2).pdf

Vichitra Thandava

May 29, 2022, 1:00:19 PM5/29/22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
I am not a scholar.  But do practice a form of yoga.

The distinction between Bhakti in Shankara's Advaita versus Dwaita is a very subtle one, as I understand it.

The individual identity "I" is the first to come and the last to go;  Bhakti requires surrender of that "I" entirely or Advaita ain't gonna happen.

Shankara has apparently captured this dilemma in a simple but different way (I don't remember the source off hand now) :

You can go to ocean to drown yourself, even beg the ocean, or walk into it in the hope, but in the end, it is up to the ocean to take you in.  An Advaitin who has managed to arrive at the goal post is faced with this unambiguous Dwaitin situation.  Grace, the core desire and eternal endpoint of the Dwaitin, becomes everything in the end.

Vijaender