Audio of some Sanskrit texts (with a musical touch) - 18

K S Kannan

Dec 20, 2020, 2:34:45 AM12/20/20
to bvparishat
Here is a humble offering on the occasion of Skanda Ṣaṣṭhī today:
a recital of Śrī Subrahmaṇya Bhujaṅga Stotra :

Suggestions for improvement are welcome.

--
Dr. K.S.Kannan  D.Litt.

Sant Rajinder Singh Ji Maharaj Chair Professor, IIT-Madras.

Senior Fellow, ICSSR, New Delhi.

Academic Director, Swadeshi Indology.

Member, Academic Council, Veda Vijnana Shodha Samsthana.

Nominated Member, IIAS, Shimla.

Former Professor, CAHC, Jain University, Bangalore.

Former Director, Karnataka Samskrit University, Bangalore.

Former Head, Dept. of Sanskrit, The National Colleges, Bangalore.

Harunaga Isaacson

Dec 20, 2020, 3:07:01 AM12/20/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Dear Prof. Kannan,
I had the good luck both to see your message soon after you posted it, and to be able to immediately
listen to the audio. My deep appreciation to Dr. Meera and yourself for this recording (and the whole series,
though I have not yet heard them all) of exceptional quality, which I am sure will touch and bring true delight and
edification to very many.
With many thanks and all good wishes,
Harunaga Isaacson

PS A very small typing mistake, only in the Roman transliteration, which I noticed by chance in vs. 6: Śaṇmukho —> Ṣaṇmukho.

K S Kannan

Dec 20, 2020, 3:23:12 AM12/20/20
to bvparishat
Extremely thankful to you for pointing out the mistake!
Thank you. We will improve.
Regards
KSKannan

V Subrahmanian

Dec 20, 2020, 5:15:23 AM12/20/20
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
Sir, the YouTube link says 'it is private, not available.'

regards
subrahmanian.v

K S Kannan

Dec 20, 2020, 6:40:04 AM12/20/20
to bvparishat
Here is an improved version,
incorporating the suggestions.
And many heartfelt thanks for the kind suggestions.
Subrahmaṇya Bhujaṅga:

ajit.gargeshwari

Dec 20, 2020, 7:19:49 AM12/20/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Is this a private video? I cannot watch on You Tube
Regards
Ajit Gargeshwari

K S Kannan

Dec 20, 2020, 7:38:11 AM12/20/20
to bvparishat
This is the new link: https://youtu.be/3w7CMtD6b-8
Please check.

Regards
Kannan

Ajit Gargeshwari

Dec 20, 2020, 8:45:06 AM12/20/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Now it works perfect Thank you vey much
Regards
Ajit Gargeshwari
न जायते म्रियते वा कदाचिन्नायं भूत्वा भविता वा न भूयः।
अजो नित्यः शाश्वतोऽयं पुराणो न हन्यते हन्यमाने शरीरे।।2.20।।

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bvparishat/CAN47gm4rmACL8X_hmR-ZRhpWVt7N%3DY8crKyt8ifbz88zXXTLNA%40mail.gmail.com.

Madhav Deshpande

Dec 20, 2020, 9:39:42 AM12/20/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
How melodious! Thanks for sharing.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies
Adjunct Professor, National Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, India

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

Prabhu

Dec 20, 2020, 9:59:26 PM12/20/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Prof Kannan mahodaya,

I happened to listen to the wonderful rendition of:
" सर्व-मङ्गलाऽष्टकम्-  ಸರ್ವ-ಮಂಗಲಾಽಷ್ಟಕಮ್ - Sarva-mangalashtakam "
with your very apt introduction:
"It covers, in a few broad strokes, all great and grand things, seeking their blessings:
..."

This exemplary stotra embodies an all-encompassing vision / samagra-dR^iShTi.

The rendering of the mangalashtakam by Dr H R Meera is par-excellance!

Regards
Prabhu

K S Kannan

Dec 20, 2020, 11:31:42 PM12/20/20
to bvparishat
Thank you, Gargeswari-ji, &
thanks Prof. Deshpande!

K S Kannan

Dec 20, 2020, 11:32:18 PM12/20/20
to bvparishat
Thank you Prabhu-ji!

Mārcis Gasūns

Dec 22, 2020, 3:35:06 AM12/22/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Interesting, how is the tune called?

K S Kannan

Dec 22, 2020, 4:35:42 AM12/22/20
to bvparishat
Subrahmaṇya Bhujaṅga Stotra
is sung in the rāga called Ṣaṇmukha-priyā
(which means "dear to Subrahmaṇya").

(The rāga and the tāla have been mentioned at the outset).

K S Kannan

Dec 22, 2020, 4:43:49 AM12/22/20
to bvparishat
We are not specifically aware that this rāga has been earlier used for this verse.
But the name Ṣaṇmukha appears in the name of the rāga,
hence utilised here.

Ajit Gargeshwari

Dec 22, 2020, 4:46:58 AM12/22/20
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Sounds extremely melodious. Thank you and  Meera jis efforts.
Regards
Ajit Gargeshwari
न जायते म्रियते वा कदाचिन्नायं भूत्वा भविता वा न भूयः।
अजो नित्यः शाश्वतोऽयं पुराणो न हन्यते हन्यमाने शरीरे।।2.20।।

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bvparishat/CAN47gm6NPkGa0K6zOMUfL3g1SjUUdFt5Ay2TrTfMWRTbfnfMGw%40mail.gmail.com.

Bijoy Misra

Dec 22, 2020, 5:16:59 AM12/22/20
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Beautiful composition.  Much analysis of the text should be done.
Melodious rendering..
Loved it!
Bijoy Misra
morning, US.

Balasubramanian Ramakrishnan

Dec 22, 2020, 6:16:05 AM12/22/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Many thanks to you and Meera-ji. This was so good to hear.

Ramakrishnan

K S Kannan

Dec 22, 2020, 6:28:39 PM12/22/20
to bvparishat
Thank you very much, Balasubramanian-ji,
for the kind words expressed.
Regards
KSKannan