Website of Mah.NRanganatha Sharma

K S Kannan

May 21, 2019, 3:56:54 AM5/21/19
to bvparishat
Great news:
The website of Mahamahopadhyaya NRanganatha Sharma,
a great grammarian of Karnataka,
and a vidyA-vinaya-sampanna par excellence is now ready.

Please visit:

We are thankful to Vidwan Ramakrishna Bhatta of
Karnataka Samskrit University for this.

KSKannan

--
Dr. K.S.Kannan  D.Litt.

Academic Director, Swadeshi Indology.

Nominated Member, IIAS, Shimla.

Member, BoS, Chinmaya University.

Member, BoS, University of Hyderabad.

Former Professor, CAHC, Jain University, Bangalore.

Former Director, Karnataka Samskrit University, Bangalore.

Former Principal, Evening College, Samskrit University, Bangalore.

Former Head, Dept. of Sanskrit, The National Colleges, Bangalore.

Venkatakrishna Sastry

May 21, 2019, 6:03:18 AM5/21/19
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Namaste

1.      Thanks to the family of Vidwan Ranganatha Sharma for putting up this wonderful useful scholarly resource.
A superficial visit to the site , where home page is in Kannada script should not make scholars to shy away from exploring this site for the Samskruth writings of Sharma ji.

2.     I draw the attention of scholars, specific ally to the Samskruth work :  Samskrutham Naama Daivee Vak ( accessible at  https://vidwannrs.in/public/pdf/099.pdf#page=5  ).  This is an important writing, where Sharma ji   where   one can see the rebuttal of western colonial views on ' Samskruth language, PIE argument, Samskruth as a derivaed language of  Tamil, and many such specifics.
This article needs a proper English translation and global debate across all Sanskrit study  circles  to voice the position of tradition on ' Paninian Linguistics as Vedanga Vyakarana'.
'

3.    Other important points in the article cover : The much debated 'svara' issue of vedas, the origin of vedas according to  traditional  schools and the superiority of this view over many  modern interpretations and views popular among indologists ,orientalists and colonials ! Sharma ji's writings did not get the attention of scholars as much as they deserve for three main reasons :
     (I)  shy, self- effacing  and reserved nature of  traditional teacher at Sanskrit college ( and not in a University)
     (ii) Writing itself is in Samskruth and not in English !  ( Not that Sharma ji did not have proficiency in English! He was very good in English and
      many   other languages of India)
    ( iii) The  A ' Brahmin, not wearing the coat tie and shoes (!)  and not having the title ' Ph.D' (!?)

Look forward for scholars to give their time and attention to this writing of Sharma ji.

With Regards
 from a student who learned humbly the basics at the feet of Sharma ji)

BVK Sastry

Regards

Dr. B V Venkatakrishna Sastry
(G-Mail)

Venkata Sriram

May 21, 2019, 6:29:13 AM5/21/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Pranams to Sastry Ji and thx a ton !!  Infact, as prophesied by Sastry ji, when I saw Kannada script, I thought this is not my cup of tea....When I glanced thru the e-book shared by Sastry ji, the first thought is 'blessed I am'  ...

thx again...

rgs,
sriram
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to bvpar...@googlegroups.com.

Marehalli Prasad

May 21, 2019, 8:58:29 AM5/21/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thanks to Dr. Kannan for sharing this treasure of the great contributions and achievements of Mahamahopadhyaya N. Ranganatha Sharma.

M.G. Prasad
Sent from my iPhone

Yogananda CS

May 21, 2019, 10:27:06 AM5/21/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste,

We are very happy to see the reaction to the vidwannrs.in site. As a person involved in setting up the site I would be happy to have your suggestions.

pranaams.....................yogananda

V Subrahmanian

May 21, 2019, 10:34:51 AM5/21/19
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 7:57 PM Yogananda CS <sriran...@gmail.com> wrote:
Namaste,

We are very happy to see the reaction to the vidwannrs.in site. As a person involved in setting up the site I would be happy to have your suggestions.

It is a very well laid out site.  My only suggestion is: If possible, kindly incorporate an English version also of all the material there so that the site content can be appreciated by those who do not know Kannada.

warm regards
subrahmanian.v

Anand Hudli

May 21, 2019, 10:42:24 AM5/21/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Sir,

Thank you for sharing a wealth of information about Mahamahopadhyaya Ranganatha Sharma, including e-books. This website will surely be a source of vast knowledge on a variety of subjects.

A suggestion. Would it be possible to list the Sanskrit works in a separate section on the website, for the benefit of those who cannot read Kannada? I happen to be able to read both Kannada and Sanskrit but others may not.

Anand

V Subrahmanian

May 28, 2019, 5:53:48 AM5/28/19
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
On Tue, May 21, 2019 at 1:26 PM K S Kannan <ks.kann...@gmail.com> wrote:
Great news:
The website of Mahamahopadhyaya NRanganatha Sharma,
a great grammarian of Karnataka,
and a vidyA-vinaya-sampanna par excellence is now ready.

Please visit:

Just drawing the attention of members to this page of the site where a great number of books authored/edited/translated etc by the great Vidwan  in Kannada and Sanskrit are available for free download:

warm regards
subrahmanian.v

K S Kannan

May 28, 2019, 6:13:38 AM5/28/19
to bvparishat
One among these is his Conference Address of 1984
(5th Conf. of Akhila Karnataka Samskrita Parishat),
where his Sanskrit speech was rendered into Kannada by me,
also published and made available here.