Mahamahopadhyaya Sri Hanagal Virupaksha Shastrigal - A short biography

521 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

V Subrahmanian

ulæst,
31. jul. 2019, 03.44.0031.07.2019
til BHARATIYA VIDVAT
A short biography of the illustrious scholar of the late 19th Century CE who went on to take the sannyasa aashrama with the monastic name

Sri Vidyabhinava Valukeshwara Bharati

is available here:

regards
subrahmanian.v

Subodh Bhat

ulæst,
31. aug. 2019, 07.32.0231.08.2019
til bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Karnataka Samskrit University had published his short biography booklet in Samskrit a few years ago!

K, Subodh Bhat
Vision Automation
#1281, 33rd Cross,
Kumaraswamy Layout,
Bangalore 560078, India

V Subrahmanian

ulæst,
31. aug. 2019, 10.32.1631.08.2019
til BHARATIYA VIDVAT
On Sat, Aug 31, 2019 at 5:02 PM Subodh Bhat <vision...@gmail.com> wrote:
Karnataka Samskrit University had published his short biography booklet in Samskrit a few years ago!

Nice to hear this. If we can access this booklet it could be shared in groups like this.

regards
subrahmanian.v

shankara

ulæst,
31. aug. 2019, 11.01.2431.08.2019
til BHARATIYA VIDVAT

V Subrahmanian

ulæst,
31. aug. 2019, 11.06.2731.08.2019
til BHARATIYA VIDVAT
Thanks Shankara ji for the link.

warm regards

Venkatesh Murthy

ulæst,
31. aug. 2019, 12.05.4231.08.2019
til bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste

In that Sanskrit booklet there is information on DVG life also. Very nice. He was Sishya of Sri Hangal Virupaksha Sastri.

--
Regards

-Venkatesh

Krishna Kashyap

ulæst,
5. sep. 2019, 03.34.5605.09.2019
til bvpar...@googlegroups.com
I found an interesting anecdote regarding mahAmahOpAdhyAya Brahmashri Virupaksha Shastri. He was well respected by people from different schools of thought due to his deep knowledge in Advaita and other schools of thought.

I have attached the kannada preface written to the book "Tattva MuktA KalApa", originally written by Sri Vedanta Desika and explained by Sri MahAmahOpAdhyAyA Sri K.S Varadachar. Introduction written by HH Abhinava Ranganatha Parakala Swami.

This is a jovial conversation between MM Brahmasri VirUpAksha Shastri (V) and MM Bramhasri Anantha Krishna Shastriar (A), which occurred in Mysore long time back.

Both A and V, were discussing later Advaitic works and various divisions post Shankaracharya. Then Ananthakrishna Sastri stated that " I have read every darshana grantha post shankaracharya !"

VirupAksha to Anantharkrishna: (V to A)

Have you read brahma datta's views on Advaita?

A: Do you mean Bhartrprapancha?

V: No, I mean Brahmadatta.

A: There is no such Grantha by an author Brahmadatta !

V. There is no Grantha, but there is a reference!

A : Where, Show me!

V: You said you have seen all darshana granthas! have you studied "ekam bramhaiva nityam" verse - 16 of Jiva sara of Vedanta Desika's Tattva MuktA kalApa?

A: I dont see any name Brahmadatta mentioned here in this verse.

V: NO. Sri Vedanta Desika has commented on his own work Tattva MuktA kalApa and he has referred to Brahma datta's views in his commentary on this verse.

A: I have heard of this book TMK. But I have not gone through this work.

V: If you have not read Tattva MuktA kalApa, how can you be known as a dArshanika? Probably there is no book on darshana, which has so many references as that book !

A was surprised !

(Note: this is not to indicate that Bramhashri Anantha Krishna Sastriar was an inferior pundit. He was a great scholar.) This is to highlight the depth in which Brahmasri Virupaksha Shastri used to go into reading views of philosopical opponents' works !

Best Regards,

Krishna Kashyap

IMG-6816.JPG

shankara

ulæst,
5. sep. 2019, 11.44.3205.09.2019
til bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Krishna Kashyap ji,

Thanks for sharing the anecdote - "न कुतूहलि कस्य मनश्चरितं च महात्मनां श्रोतुम्".

regards
shankara

Krishna Kashyap

ulæst,