Fwd: Vācaspati Miśra: Ṣaḍdarśana Ṭīkākāra - A lecture by Dr S Ranganath

V Subrahmanian

Oct 16, 2020, 6:23:08 AM10/16/20
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Atharva Forum <athar...@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 2:51 PM
Subject: Vācaspati Miśra: Ṣaḍdarśana Ṭīkākāra - A lecture by Dr S Ranganath

 Vācaspati Miśra - Ṣaḍdarśana Ṭīkākāra

                                   A lecture by Dr S Ranganath
Please join The Atharva Forum YouTube channel
by clicking on the "Subscribe" button below.
Dhanyavādaḥ.
Facebook
Twitter
Link
SUBSCRIBE TO THE ATHARVA FORUM
To Unsubscribe reply with a No.
Copyright © 2020  [ SHIVA SANKALPA ]  All rights reserved.

Dhaval Patel

Oct 16, 2020, 7:57:41 AM10/16/20
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste scholars,
My request is partly related and partly off topic.

I have heard name of Vachaspati Mishra as commentator on all 6 darshanas.
While I am aware about his wonderful commentaries on Nyaya, Sankhya, Yoga, Mimamsa and Vedanta; I am not aware about his commentaries or work on Vaisheshika system.

Can any of our esteemed member throw some light on his contribution to Vaisheshika philosophy?

V Subrahmanian

Oct 16, 2020, 1:59:21 PM10/16/20
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
On Fri, Oct 16, 2020 at 5:27 PM Dhaval Patel <drdhav...@gmail.com> wrote:
Namaste scholars,
My request is partly related and partly off topic.

I have heard name of Vachaspati Mishra as commentator on all 6 darshanas.
While I am aware about his wonderful commentaries on Nyaya, Sankhya, Yoga, Mimamsa and Vedanta; I am not aware about his commentaries or work on Vaisheshika system.

Can any of our esteemed member throw some light on his contribution to Vaisheshika philosophy?

Namaste

While I do not have an answer to your question, here is what Vachaspati Misra says at the end of his commentary 'Bhamati':

image.png

To this, his commentator, Sri Amalananda, in his Kalpataru, says:

image.png

From the above we have this list:

  1.    Vidhiviveka Tika - 'NyayakaNikaa'
  2.   Brahmasiddhi Vyakhya - 'Tattvasamiksha'
  3.   A treatise on the BhaaTTa school of Mimamasa - 'Tattvabidnu'
  4.    Nyaya vaartika tatparya tika - nyaya nibandha
  5.    Sankhya -  'Tattva Kaumudi'
  6.    On Patanjali sutra bhashya - 'Tattva (vai) sharadi'
  7.     On Vedanta darshana  -  Bhamati.
The above list may not be exhaustive as Vachaspati Misra would have written something after the Bhamati.

regards
subrahmanian.v