An amazing display of skill in Vakyartha

V Subrahmanian

Aug 28, 2019, 3:47:27 AM8/28/19
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT

This boy of tender age is an amazing example of expert training and nurturing. It is also a promise, a reassurance, of traditional learning and scholarship being alive and flourishing in this land.

A part of the recent event at Kashi (Varanasi) Vakyartha Sabhaa.

जयतु शास्त्राध्ययनं तत्प्रदर्शनञ्च

subrahmanian.v

Venkata Sriram

Aug 28, 2019, 3:58:08 AM8/28/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Subbuji,

I have been watching this video for the past 2 days continuously and am spell bound by the boy's tejas on his face...

This brilliance, eloquence, knowledge and tejas comes thru gayatri upaasana and agni kaarya.

It needs guts to speak on tarka shastra before the giants present there like Gopalakrishna Sastry Garu, Devadatta Patil Garu, Mani Sastrigal, Sripada Subramanya Sastry Garu.

Hail to our sanatana dharma and lots & lots of good wishes to the young brahmachari ....

rgs,
sriram

Praveen R. Bhat

Aug 28, 2019, 4:36:17 AM8/28/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaste Subbuji,

On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 1:17 PM V Subrahmanian <v.subra...@gmail.com> wrote:

This boy of tender age is an amazing example of expert training and nurturing. It is also a promise, a reassurance, of traditional learning and scholarship being alive and flourishing in this land.

A part of the recent event at Kashi (Varanasi) Vakyartha Sabhaa.

This is wonderful. Thanks for sharing the same and thanks to Indica for organising such an event. Looking forward to more of these video shares as well as sabhAs.

Kind rgds,
--Praveen R. Bhat
/* येनेदं सर्वं विजानाति, तं केन विजानीयात्। Through what should one know That owing to which all this is known! [Br.Up. 4.5.15] */

Nagaraj Paturi

Aug 28, 2019, 8:44:32 AM8/28/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
We (Indic Academy) shall soon upload all the videos of all the Vakyarthas of the huge Vaakyaartha Sadas at Varanasi.

Jsr Prasad

Aug 28, 2019, 10:02:21 AM8/28/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Thanks Subramanian ji, for sharing this information. This young lad has a promising future, He answered very wisely some questions like असत्त्वाभावः सत्त्वमिति कथं ज्ञायते? Congratulations to Prof. Paturi ji and Indic Academy for consolidating all such young talent by bringing them to an international platform in preserving the Sastic rigour.

Prostrations to all Gurus!

Regards

--
J.S.R. Prasad,
Professor, Dept. of Sanskrit Studies,

।। पुरुषोऽयं लोकसम्मितः ।।

Madhav Deshpande

Aug 28, 2019, 10:08:35 AM8/28/19
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
Amazing young Pandit!  Thanks for sharing.

Madhav M. Deshpande
Professor Emeritus, Sanskrit and Linguistics
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
Senior Fellow, Oxford Center for Hindu Studies

[Residence: Campbell, California, USA]

Bijoy Misra

Aug 28, 2019, 10:35:33 AM8/28/19
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
I loved watching it.  To nail an argument through the concepts has been the basis of modern Physics.
People might like to visit Principia of Newton to get a feel of self-doubt.
The system of verbalization and direct debate is possibly of Indian origin though Socrates is known
to have engaged people in debates.

I congratulate the Indic Academy for organizing and exposing us to this brilliant tradition
of respectful debating in search of knowledge and scientific truth.  Let me also draw everybody's
attention to the implications of words  आरोपित and वास्तव in our discussion here in BVP.

Best regards,
BM

Bijoy Misra

Aug 28, 2019, 12:18:20 PM8/28/19
to Bharatiya Vidvat parishad
I do have a question for people who are into the Shastra.
I would like to know the first use of the two words आरोपित and वास्तव in Indian literature.
Most of our discussion and such in the west is आरोपित, a rough translation would be "by superposition."
It is perception vs cognition in scientific terms.
Cognition as a phenomenon is only understood through yoga literature.  The west confuses it with recognition which is memory driven.

Please help to dig a little history of science.

Best regards,
BM

V Subrahmanian

Aug 28, 2019, 1:22:03 PM8/28/19
to BHARATIYA VIDVAT
On Wed, Aug 28, 2019 at 9:48 PM Bijoy Misra <misra...@gmail.com> wrote:
I do have a question for people who are into the Shastra.
I would like to know the first use of the two words आरोपित and वास्तव in Indian literature.

I think the book 'Vibhrama Vivekah' of Mandana Misra might give some insights into this topic. I have not studied the book.

regards
subrahmanian.v

Trichur Rukmani

Aug 31, 2019, 3:53:35 AM8/31/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
This was a great experience and hearty congratulations to this budding intellectual. Kudos to the gurus who have nurtured and trained this young mind in such amazing analytical skills. Would love to hear more of this.
Thanks
om
rukmani.