Gurukula Heritage

R. N. iyengar

Sep 19, 2021, 10:10:13 PM9/19/21
Dear Colleague
I am sharing a general article on the Heritage of Gurukula System, published in the
 Asian Journal of Professional Ethics & Management, Vol.13, no.3 July-September, 2021.
This is mainly based on my invited talk at the National Seminar "Ethics in Indian Higher Education"
on 25th June, 2021. ( https://youtu.be/BjLbd3URdB0 )
Your feedback is welcome.
Thanks

RN Iyengar
heritage-of-gurukula-system.pdf

Ganesh R

Sep 19, 2021, 11:38:42 PM9/19/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear and respected Prof. R. N. I. Sir,

Thanks a lot for this talk. Just now I completely listened to it and it makes lots of sense. Your observations are truly illuminating and objective. Eager to hear more from you.

With best regards

Ganesh

R. N. iyengar

Sep 20, 2021, 11:01:20 AM9/20/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Dear mahAmanA shatAvadhAni Sri Ganesh,

When  scholars of your stature find my work meaningful I can say कृतार्थोऽहं || Thank you for your kind words.
How to bring in the value systems of our ancient Gurukula education into the modern institutions of learning ?
The deep and wide chasm created in the colonial period seems almost impossible to bridge. May be, widespread and sustained grassroot level
efforts will create a critical mass for the community to introspect and reinvent the ethical principles
of our Dharmic civilization, to properly guide the prevalent directionless education system.
 I am flattered when you write you are eager to hear more from me ! Recently I talked at the Chaturmasya evening program of  Sri Swamiji of Pejawara Math.
The topic was about Natural Sciences in Ancient India and what we are doing at CAHC, Jain University.

with best regards

RN Iyengar

Ganesh R

Sep 22, 2021, 11:40:48 AM9/22/21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Dear and respected Sir,

Thanks a lot for the kind reply. Your modesty educates me. And it is needless to say that I got benefited.

Thanks for the link to your recent talk. Just now I completed  listening to it. Your observations on Natural Sciences in Ancient India are informative and the presentation is engaging as well.

I would like to talk to you either in person or over phone regarding your views on dating of the Vedic literature and the Mahabharata. As you have been working in the areas which are quite closer to the afore mentioned topic, I would be eager to know about your candid observations on these issues.

With utmost warm regards

 Ganesh

R. N. iyengar

Sep 22, 2021, 9:39:27 PM9/22/21
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Dear Dr. ShatAvadhAni Ganesh,
I would be equally well happy to meet you and discuss topics of mutual interest. It would be nice if you can visit my office next week so that my colleagues can also benefit by your visit. One of them will contact you for ascertaining your convenience and organizing the logistics. Looking forward to meet you in person.
with kind regards
RNI