श्रीमद् भगवद्गीता, Data Science

Megh Kalyanasundaram

Aug 17, 2019, 3:02:37 AM8/17/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्

Prabhu

Aug 19, 2019, 8:03:27 AM8/19/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
namah sarvebhyo.

Megh-ji Thanks for sharing this. I liked it!

The thought of using shrImadbhagavadgItA as a vehicle for learning many concepts and prayoga-s of saMskR^itaM crosses my mind, often, as I study the language as well as the gItA.

As I study the gItA, I also try to note the candas / vRtta-s of the zlokA-s.

I wonder if there is a study, or at least a list, of all the candas / vRtta-s appearing in the gItA?
Although most of the zlokA-s are generically in anuSTup, not all the anuSTup-s seem identical. There seem to various types of anuSTup.

There are many triSTup-s (11 x 4) in different vRtta-s, eg:
BG 2.22 : “वासांसि जीर्णानि यथा विहाय...”
This seems to be a विषम वृत्त of type जाया

BG11.43 : “पितासि लोकस्य चराचरस्य...”
This seems to be a विषम वृत्त of type माला

BG2.70 : “आपूर्यमाणमचलप्रतिष्ठं...”
This seems to be a विषम वृत्त... but not sure if type...

There are many in such the 11th (विश्वरूपदर्शन योग) adhyAya, for eg, which are all arjuna’s stuti of the bhagavAn.

There are several 11x4 in the 15th adhyAya.... but
BG15.3 : “न रूपमस्येह तथोपलभ्यते...”
seems a bit irregular (12 akSara-s in the first pAda?)

Regards
prabhu

Siddharth Wakankar

Aug 19, 2019, 8:18:58 AM8/19/19
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
There is a very small book, entitled, Geeta.vyakaranam,published years ago by Gita Press, Gorakhpur.Its cost was only RS.1.25 at that time.It deals vyakarana,but,I have not come across any book dealing with vruttas.

It will be nice if some scholar enlightens us on this aspect.

Thanks and regards.

Prof. Siddharth Y Wakankar.
Vadodara.9427339942.

Megh Kalyanasundaram

Aug 19, 2019, 9:04:16 AM8/19/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste Prabhu (ji),

Would the first 3 lines of Section 3 (Quantitative Analysis of Gītā) in the paper Study of Srimad Bhagavad Gita from NLP Perspective (link to paper in Academia included below) address your query atleast partially?

In haste,
Megh

Ashok Aklujkar

Aug 19, 2019, 11:24:48 AM8/19/19
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Triṣṭubh verses in the Mahābhārata (and therefore the ones in the Gītā) have received particular attention. A book exists on the subject. I do not remember the exact title. It is written by Mary Smith (again an approximate author name), a former Ph.D. student at Harvard University.

a.a.

Amba Kulkarni

Aug 19, 2019, 12:27:45 PM8/19/19
to bvparishat
Please refer to the 5th  chapter of Dr. Preeti Patel's thesis available at http://sanskrit.uohyd.ac.in/faculty/amba/PUBLICATIONS/Student_Thesis/Preeti_PhD.pdf

-- Amba Kulkarni

आ नो भद्रा: क्रतवो यन्तु विश्वत: ll
Let noble thoughts come to us from every side.
- Rig Veda, I-89-i.

Professor & Head
Department of Sanskrit Studies
University of Hyderabad