A list of Sanskrit works from the last 170 years until present

Abhay Rathore

Dec 28, 2023, 12:11:57 PM12/28/23
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namovaḥ,

I would like to present to everyone on this forum, a list of Sanskrit series, compiled from various sources. This comprises the most significant Sanskrit series from the last 170 years, and includes works published until present, which were included in the book series which are still publishing.

The link for the same is here:

This will be updated in the future, when more series and volumes are accounted for.

Feedback for the same is appreciated.

shankara

Dec 29, 2023, 10:29:38 AM12/29/23
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Namaste!

Thank you for sharing this.

You have done a great service to Sanskrit scholars & researchers by compiling an exhaustive list of the Sanskrit works published in more than a hundred Sanskrit series.

regards
shankara

Yogananda CS

Dec 29, 2023, 1:21:03 PM12/29/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Namaskara,

Sri Abhay Rathore has done a wonderful job. I had tried it and collected a few series but this one is much bigger. Thanks a lot.

regards. . . . . .yoga

G S S Murthy

Dec 30, 2023, 10:11:48 AM12/30/23
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
There would be many more works which do not come under any series. Mr.Rathore has done a wonderful job of listing through suitably designed excel sheets.
Thanks and regards,
GSS Murthy

Abhay Rathore

Dec 30, 2023, 12:12:09 PM12/30/23
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Dear all,

Thank you so much.

Yes, there are works which are published out of series, and they will be covered separately in the future. I remain on the lookout for these and I will let everyone know about these as well. In the future, I will also be listing locations of out of print and digitally unavailable publications across the world in these workbooks, so that everyone will be able to know where they will be able to find these.

Kind regards,
Abhay Rathore

kenp

Jan 1, 2024, 10:45:05 PMJan 1
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्

V Krishna Sharma

Feb 21, 2024, 10:52:53 PMFeb 21
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much .. great effort sir..

praveen M

Feb 22, 2024, 6:27:01 AMFeb 22
to bvpar...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much sir.

Praveen

Ajit Gargeshwari

Mar 6, 2024, 3:35:57 PMMar 6
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
A Good effort but is iscomplete. For Instance. 31 tiles are published under Woolner Indological seires. There is no series titled VV Indological series. Vishveshvaranand Vedic Research Institute, have many series and title mentioned on the excel should be Shanta Kuti Vedic Research Series and should have 114 tiles and so on.

Abhay Rathore

Mar 6, 2024, 11:27:44 PMMar 6
to भारतीयविद्वत्परिषत्
Thank you for the response, Ajit mahodaya.

VV Indological Series is an abbreviation due to character constraints on MS Excel. I'll see if I can rectify that in Google sheets, but as such, it is meant to be a shorthand for the Vishveshvaranand Indological Series.

Also, you'll be seeing many numbers skipped over, and not just in this series, and that is because these skipped numbers are generally studies without any accompanying Sanskrit primary sources. On the other hand, they may not be works in Sanskrit, whether these works be a Sanskrit translation of a non Sanskrit work. I have skipped Shantakuti Vedic series because it consists only of Indices, and no primary sources. The numbers skipped in Woolner Indological series are all studies and are not primary sources, which is why they were not mentioned.

Also, this work is perpetually in progress, as long as Sanskrit works are published across the world, so new series will be added in the future, once the details are obtained

Kind regards,
Abhaya Rathore