Volunteers for Creating BTRT Facebook Page or.......?

Yin Yang

Mar 27, 2015, 11:46:57 PM3/27/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
Aloha Cycle Advocates,

I thought it would be great to create a BTRT Facebook Page or a Facebook Group,  Craigslist Group is also a possibility.... however, this is not my strength.  Any ideas and any volunteers?

Yamato is close to sending out the survey and I feel we need a central contact either by email or a social media group to include on the survey for those who want to reach out to us......open to ideas.

Thank you everyone for your hard work and participation!

In health,

Soha

Colin Leath

Mar 28, 2015, 6:58:23 PM3/28/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
I'm curious about these things but don't really like facebook.

But here are some options:
(1) just link to the email group:
  • http://bit.ly/btrthawaii  should work-- but be sure to test it when you're not logged into google/gmail to see what happens when non-google users visit.

or try one of the following

Regarding the survey:

* is cost a reason for not wanting to register? Lack of mailing address? perhaps they should be.

* consider putting all the extra text on  a webpage somewhere instead of having it part of the survey-- so that the survey is mainly just short questions. . . or not.

Sorry for spamming a few of you in trying to set these up--
I'm guessing you'll want to use facebook but at least we'll have considered alternatives.
Colin

Colin Leath

Mar 28, 2015, 7:09:20 PM3/28/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
I don't seem to be able to get to the facebook group without logging in to facebook.

Unless that changes at some point I don't think we should use facebook!

Maybe someone else knows how to make that work.

Maybe it should have been a "Cause" page instead of a community page. Not sure. I tried!

Edward Huls

Mar 29, 2015, 11:25:07 PM3/29/15
to Yin Yang, btr...@googlegroups.com
BTPT & Soha~   I pushed away from FaceBook until just recently ~ and now, bein' the forever writer/ poet that I am, I'm havin' a great time postin' "relevant. fun-lovin', positive" shit ~ and respondin' to other's "relevant, fun-lovin', and positive" shit.  I saw the movie about the young college student, Zuckerberg, portrayed so very well by Andy ? Eisenberg, and a great cameo-performance by Justin Timberlake.  Needless to say, FaceBook today, is HUGE.  I'm all-in for a BTPT FaceBook page...  ~Edward/ Mo'PoB - More People on Bikes~
Soha ~ are we BTPT /or BTRT ?  I'm confused ~ I know the "P" represents "Prevention" ~ does an "R" represent "Recovery"?  Perhaps we become the BTPRT - "Bicycle Theft Prevention Recovery Team"...

Colin Leath

Mar 30, 2015, 5:21:07 PM3/30/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
I tried again: If you want a FB page you could use this one--

and it is viewable by the people not signed into facebook. It is a "cause" page as opposed to an "organization" or "group" page.

I don't want to be the administrator of it-- There is a way to hand off that management to you.
But I need to be able to find you on FB. Someone should find a better photo! the thief has too many clothes on for here!

And this is as far as I've managed to get-- time is up.

Colin

Edward: Bike theft reduction team-- sort of got decided without any discussion from an old post to the email thread (your idea?)

Here are the old links. I'll shut down the ones we don't want to use, otherwise it is too confusing I think.

But here are some options:
(1) just link to the email group:
  • http://bit.ly/btrthawaii  should work-- but be sure to test it when you're not logged into google/gmail to see what happens when non-google users visit.

or try one of the following

Yin Yang

Mar 31, 2015, 6:49:02 PM3/31/15
to btr...@googlegroups.com
Greetings Colin

Here's our FB page...although we're rarely on it....we can manage the BTRT FB page. No problem.