Fwd: A photo might help

Marina Novak

May 4, 2020, 6:05:54 PM5/4/20
to bris...@googlegroups.com

Hi everyone

Another vine for ID.

Thanks,

Marina
20200503_130437.jpg

Klaus Querengasser

May 4, 2020, 6:15:45 PM5/4/20
to bris...@googlegroups.com
Looks like  Pleogyne australis, a local native species.

Cheers, Klaus

John Moss

May 4, 2020, 7:39:15 PM5/4/20
to BRAIN
Yes agree Klaus, Pleogyne australis (Menispermaceae), similar to Hypserpa decumbens and both in dry vine scrub. There is a large occurrence of the latter in Redwood Park just off the eastern edge of the Toowoomba Range. Fruit mainly borne near the base of adult plants. We found both species there.
I have never seen fruit of Pleogyne but there is a photo of Glenn Leiper's in M2M.

Cheers, John