Shrub near Glen Lyon Dam, SEQ

1 view

Janet White

May 23, 2021, 10:42:20 PM5/23/21
to Brisbane Rainforest Action & Information Network
hi brainiacs,
This shrub was found near Glen Lyon Dam, in SEQ amongst dry sclerophyll where there were some other softwood scrub species. Could it be Atalaya salicifolia?
Janet
IMG_2207.jpeg
IMG_2206.jpeg

Prue Gibbs

May 23, 2021, 11:04:46 PM5/23/21
to bris...@googlegroups.com
Wow, it seems to have winged seeds (samaras), which Atalaya sp have. What a lovely plant!

Janet White

May 23, 2021, 11:37:55 PM5/23/21
to bris...@googlegroups.com
Yes 3 samaras joined in a three I think. Unfortunately I dropped my specimen so only have photos and a few seeds from my pocket to go on!

Dr P. Richardson

May 24, 2021, 4:38:29 AM5/24/21
to bris...@googlegroups.com
It looks like Dodonaea stenophylla to me.
http://www.ttit.id.au/treepages/dodonaea-stenophylla.htm
regards
Peter Richardson

On 24/05/2021, Janet White <janw...@bigpond.net.au> wrote:
> Yes 3 samaras joined in a three I think. Unfortunately I dropped my specimen
> so only have photos and a few seeds from my pocket to go on!
>
>> On 24 May 2021, at 13:04:34, Prue Gibbs <prue....@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Wow, it seems to have winged seeds (samaras), which Atalaya sp have. What
>> a lovely plant!
>>
>> On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 12:42 PM Janet White <janw...@bigpond.net.au
>> <mailto:janw...@bigpond.net.au>> wrote:
>> hi brainiacs,
>> This shrub was found near Glen Lyon Dam, in SEQ amongst dry sclerophyll
>> where there were some other softwood scrub species. Could it be Atalaya
>> salicifolia?
>> Janet
>>
>> --
>>
>> --
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/brisrain/CAHhQVfCU8Z4373U-AwOvqPrvy%3D%3DYaPyTAQA%3DULZE93WAOm3Urw%40mail.gmail.com
>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/brisrain/CAHhQVfCU8Z4373U-AwOvqPrvy%3D%3DYaPyTAQA%3DULZE93WAOm3Urw%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/brisrain/C031799A-8840-4A88-8FF2-B7C8BC16CC39%40bigpond.net.au.

Janet White

May 24, 2021, 6:27:27 PM5/24/21
to bris...@googlegroups.com
Hi Bill,
That looks like it. Thank you. I will collect another specimen next time I am there.
Janet

(Sent from my Netherfield office)

Begin forwarded message:

From: Bill McDonald <bill.mc...@bigpond.com>
Date: 24 May 2021 at 22:31:34 AEST
To: Janet White <janw...@bigpond.net.au>
Subject: Re: [BRISRAIN] Shrub near Glen Lyon Dam, SEQ

 Hi Janet,

BRI has a specimen of Dodonaea stenophylla from that area, but I would really need a specimen in hand to be positive.

Best wishes,

Bill.