[Question] Can't find the "Control" Object Property in Brick 1.2.1 version

Yun Joon Jung

Apr 5, 2022, 7:06:11 PM4/5/22
to Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
Hello Brick,

I want to ask one question about the brick schema.

I was going to use the "Controls" object property, as explained in Table 1 in Balaji et al., 2018 (Brick: Metadata schema for portable smart building applications) paper.
table1.JPG
However, as the below figure shows, when I opened the brick schema (version 1.2.1) in protege, I wasn't able to find the "controls" object property from the file.brick_op.JPG
Where could I find it? Did I misunderstand something?

Thanks,
Yun Joon Jung

Erik Paulson

Apr 18, 2022, 4:11:38 PM4/18/22
to Yun Joon Jung, Brick User Forum (Unified Building Metadata Schema)
'Controls' is not in Brick right now - we're a little nervous that it's not _quite_ precise enough for when it should be used and when it shouldn't be used, so we've held it back until we are sure we've settled on exactly what semantics it should have. We're paying attention to the ASHRAE 231 standard for a controls description language and we want to make sure we'll fit into that ecosystem.

-Erik