Where to buy this swiveling elbow fitting?

২৫৩টি ভিউ
প্রথম অপঠিত মেসেজটিতে চলে আসুন

Wilson007

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ জানু, ২০২১, ১২:৫৬:১০ PM১০/১/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
I believe this is #5 on this diagram, but mine seems to be the "upgraded" swiveling design.
Screenshot 2021-01-04 175754.png

PXL_20210104_225511977.jpg

WLL has the Elbow Replacement Kit, which appears to be similar, but they're out of stock, and not responding to support questions: https://www.wholelattelove.com/products/expobar-elbow-replacement-kit

Brian

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ জানু, ২০২১, ৭:৫৮:৩১ PM১০/১/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
I do not have familiarity with that part in my machine, but i do work with those kinds of fittings all the time for work and I have a few observations.

1) the part you linked to says its 1/4" tube x 1/8" NPT, but the diagram lists all of the threaded connections as 1/4" and the tubing as 1/4". The best way to confirm this would be if you have calipers. measure the outside diameter of the tube (should be 1/4") then measure the outside diameter of the threads, if they are NPT Threads they should be ~0.54" and tapered with 18 threads per inch. However, every espresso machine I've worked on (admittedly not that many) uses BSPP/BSPT Threads, and 1/4" would be ~0.51" and 19 threads per inch. It is almost certainly BSPP based on the picture and what I can remember about the brewtus I'm pretty sure that elbow's threaded side is 1/4" BSPP. NPT and BSPT are tapered threads meaning if you look at the threads from the side they come together as they go away from the fitting, BSPP is parallel thread, meaning the two sides are straight relative to each other. Parallel threaded fittings almost always have an O-ring or gasket where the threads meet the base of the fitting as well, which can help to identify them.

2) The tubing side is what's called "Push-to-connect"/PTC/John Guest connection, the diagram shows a compression fitting, either one should work fine in this application, and I'd go for whatever part you can get readily.

3) The part you have in the listing is listed as being for air and water, and doesn't list what material it is made of, which since these are usually used for pneumatics, would likely mean it is made of leaded brass, and nickel coated. This would make it very not food/beverage safe, and I wouldnt put that thing anywhere near something going in my body.

You're best bet is to look something up on McMaster-Carr, they are an industrial supply house that carries an absolutely mind boggling assortment of fittings in every size/shape/connection you can imagine, and is very easy to search and has some of the best search filters I've ever seen, including material, connections, fitting type. You can at least use them to narrow down exactly what you are looking for since almost all of there parts have CAD files, and dimensional drawings that you can use to verify the part you have. Here's a few that I think would be a better choice assuming it is actually 1/4" tube x 1/4" BSPP:

Stainless steel PTC swivel elbow, this one has "universal" threads meant to work with NPT, BSPP, NPTF, and BSPT so as long as you can confirm the size of the connection, you don't really need to know what the threads are. This one doesn't say its food rated, but all of the materials are food safe. Only for use with hard plastic tubing, which I am pretty sure the tubing inside our machines is.

Stainless Steel compression elbow, again not listed as food safe, but definitely all food safe materials, does't swivel, but very sturdy. Make sure to get the matching tube insert if used with soft tubing.

Best of luck!

Brian

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ জানু, ২০২১, ৮:০০:১৯ PM১০/১/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
I was wrong about it not listing the material, it does say it's brass, so it is almost certainly leaded brass with a nickel coating neither of which are safe for food.

Brian

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ জানু, ২০২১, ৮:০৬:২৯ PM১০/১/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
Sorry one last thought:

Looks like the tubing may actually be 6MM OD not 1/4" try to confirm which one you've got. Parts Guru has the original part from the diagram, as does Cafe Parts.

Wilson007

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ জানু, ২০২১, ৮:৫৮:১৯ PM১০/১/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
Excellent. I believe I'm measuring the OD at 4MM, though. Does that make sense?PXL_20210111_015701709.jpg

Wilson007

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ জানু, ২০২১, ৯:০২:১৯ PM১০/১/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
3qiNJb5.jpg

Brian

পড়া হয়নি,
১২ জানু, ২০২১, ১:৫৪:২৫ AM১২/১/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
Wow that’s an old caliper! Sure looks like 4mm, certainly a possibility. Just confirm what size and thread type the other end is and you’ll be good to go. If you start to type “swivel elbows” in the search bar it’ll bring up something like “push to connect fittings” in the suggested options. Choose that and then specify your thread type and size and tubing size and you’ll be good to go.

triplereef

পড়া হয়নি,
১৭ ফেব, ২০২১, ১২:০৮:৩৭ PM১৭/২/২১
প্রাপক bre...@googlegroups.com
Did you have any luck w/ your replacement?
WLL confirmed that the NPT is 1/8" and the QD side is accepting a teflon tube is 2x4 (2mm ID & 4mm OD).
I found these on Grainger but haven't ordered yet - was hoping to find just a pair I could order:

Wilson007

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ আগ, ২০২১, ৫:৫৯:৪৯ PM১০/৮/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus
Sorry, I haven't been checking this thread. I bought part number 7610n127 from mcmaster carr (https://www.mcmaster.com/catalog/127/244) and the sizing was all wrong. Did you try the part from Grainger and did it work?

triplereef

পড়া হয়নি,
১০ আগ, ২০২১, ৬:২২:৩৩ PM১০/৮/২১
প্রাপক bre...@googlegroups.com
No worries.  I did end up ordering that pack of elbows from Grainger and it is a perfect fit.

4mm Metal Swivel Elbow, 90 Degrees

However this part is nickel plated brass which is not NSF rated.  Since it's such a small portion of water in my daily intake I'm not too worried about it but will eventually find a stainless option - probably whenever manufacturers' supplies get back to normal.  Until then - enjoying no leaks!

Wilson007

পড়া হয়নি,
১১ আগ, ২০২১, ৮:৫৯:৩২ PM১১/৮/২১
প্রাপক Brewtus