Is There anybody here who has Gotten really Far in N-backing Modes that aren't Dual or Single?

Dooma...@hotmail.com

Sep 9, 2020, 11:41:51 AM9/9/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I've been wondering, Have any of you guys gotten far in Modes like Combination, Quad, Multi-Stim? If you have gotten pretty far with it, has it affected Cognition in any way?

daniel-...@hotmail.com

Sep 14, 2020, 7:58:49 AM9/14/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
I have reached quad 8 back a few times, I think it is well worth the time I have put in

Leonardo

Sep 15, 2020, 4:51:50 AM9/15/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
That is insane. Quad 5 is my limit.
Message has been deleted

Leonardo

Sep 15, 2020, 4:54:40 AM9/15/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

What have you experienced from such training, Daniel?

daniel skilbeck

Sep 23, 2020, 9:10:43 AM9/23/20
to Leonardo, Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
When I got to quad 7 and quad 8 I noticed a significant improvement in my ability to solve chess puzzles, and also (very anecdotally) I noticed what appears to be higher definition vision in everyday life, not better vision, but higher definition, like the difference between a normal movie and the same movie in high def, I put this down to increased working memory allowing greater processing of the visual field, which would also explain why my chess puzzle score has also noticeably improved, because I am literally seeing (processing) more information than i could before from the same visual input

Sep 28, 2020, 1:10:51 PM9/28/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Your anecdote of high definition vision seems consistent with many testimonials of people who have done neurofeedback. I regularly trained with neurofeedback for around three years and noticed that when I trained the left parietal region that my vision seemed to become higher definition. Two of my friends had similar experiences. Were the benefits that you received from training with quad-n-back permanent, partially permanent, or did they completely fade away when you stopped training?

Luis Anaya

Sep 28, 2020, 3:05:45 PM9/28/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
leonardo , have you seen any improvement in your working memory? I would love to know more, thank you very much

daniel skilbeck

Sep 28, 2020, 11:54:32 PM9/28/20
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
The higher definition vision seems to fluctuate along with my training scores, i tend to range between quad 6 back and quad 8 back, with most of my time at quad 7, when i drop down to quad 6 back for a few days the high def vision goes away, but it comes back as soon as i'm back to quad 7+

I'm assuming that once i increase another level and range between 7-9 instead of 6-8 that the high def vision will remain even on my down days

With regards to time off, i find that it is similar to strength training at the gym, if i take a month off from the gym i will lose some strength, but i will gain it back within 1 month of being back. The same for my quad n back score, which is possibly even more resilient, i could probably take 2 months off quad n back training, and be back to my peak within a month of starting again

Oct 2, 2020, 6:25:05 PM10/2/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Sometimes I think that, yes, my working memory have improved, but other times it not so obvious. I need to force myself to enter a mental state analogous to the one that emerges when I am playing the game to be able to function at a higher than regular level. I feel that it does not necessarily improve your functioning, and that it is more like learning a trick or a skill. It is possible for this skill to become second nature with enough training, I suppose; I have, surely, not reached that point yet.

With more than 50% interference, I am not able to go beyond quad-4-back. There is something in the increased interference that really makes you struggle.

daniel skilbeck

Oct 4, 2020, 3:39:35 PM10/4/20
to brain-t...@googlegroups.com
I would say my ability to plan future actions in the immediate future has improved, particularly in conversation, it feels like i have more time to decide/plan what i will say before i say it, even in a split second, but of course i could just be imagining this

I can't comment on reflexes/speed etc as i don't play any competitive sports, so i have no baseline to compare against

If anyone is interested, i'm going to use my twitter to post training updates: @DanielSkilbeck1

Oct 7, 2020, 6:00:48 AM10/7/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
If you know of/find any such discord thread, please add me/send me a link. I'd love to join.

Leonardo

Oct 11, 2020, 7:26:46 AM10/11/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
First time ever with a 50% success in quad-6-back!

Leonardo

Oct 11, 2020, 7:45:34 AM10/11/20
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
To be fair, I increased the time to five seconds per trial, but I feel that speed is not as important; in real life, you will be able to spend five seconds to memorize something.

fT3g0

Sep 4, 2021, 6:58:08 PM9/4/21
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence

I have reached Quad-8-Back a few times, on good days. I started on Dual-2-Back like everyone else.

I haven't seen any transfer effects even with this kind of improvement (after around 11 months of training every day). This makes me think it won't happen later, either.
Therefore, I'll be taking a break or quit N-Back training altogether.

dominic lambert

Oct 23, 2022, 10:29:40 PM10/23/22
to Dual N-Back, Brain Training & Intelligence
Nick, would you mind sharing how one can look up their raw genes?
Message has been deleted