About SFTP duplicate file receive

Bill Han

Sep 9, 2021, 5:01:50 AM9/9/21
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
Hi there,

I'm using Bots to receive EDI files from CommerceHub by SFTP server. For this server is readonly, I can not remove the file after I read it, the result is, every 15 minutes automation task will read these file repeatedly, increase the counter of files, cache every time read.

Is there any way to bypass the duplicate files I have read? Just read some new files in the sftp server.

Best
Bill

Eppye Bots

Sep 9, 2021, 5:05:03 AM9/9/21
to 'Chuck Turco' via Bots Open Source EDI Translator
I have worked with that SFTP.
it does not work the way you describe.
there must be a misunderstanding or configuration error somewhere.

kind regards, Henk-Jan Ebbers

monalisir

Sep 9, 2021, 9:14:07 AM9/9/21
to bots...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Henk-Jan,

I do not know what you mean about the configuration. I read the source code, there is no method to check duplicate files which have readed. And there is no config in the bots.ini.
Did I miss something?

Best regards
Cooper

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Bots Open Source EDI Translator" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/botsmail/CAK7Br28RvErXmQogzYqeLWtJ3LhFZhmFQm9BFUU8ENVqWQ9-6Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Eppye Bots

Sep 9, 2021, 9:34:49 AM9/9/21
to 'Chuck Turco' via Bots Open Source EDI Translator
indeed, there is no such method.
there is no need for such a method.

kind regards, Henk-Jan Ebbers

monalisir

Sep 9, 2021, 10:08:13 AM9/9/21
to bots...@googlegroups.com
I need to tell you more details about the circumstances.
Our company wants to integrate EDI with HomeDepot through CommerceHub. CommerceHub provide us a SFTP server,
When there is an order, CommerceHub puts the POs into the SFTP server, We use bots to retrieve the POs from the SFTP.
But the SFTP is readonly, we can only retrieve the POs, we can not remove it by checking the remove in the bots Channel configuration.

It will generate many files after the bots-engine runs every time.
image.png

That's why I need to filter the files it has readed.

Best
Cooper

Tom Westrick

Sep 9, 2021, 10:14:20 AM9/9/21
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
Is there not an option within CommerceHub to auto delete upon download? I have never seen an SFTP server that doesn't auto delete or doesn't allow you to delete them.

-Tom

monalisir

Sep 9, 2021, 10:41:24 AM9/9/21
to bots...@googlegroups.com
Yes, there is no option to delete files by us. after digging the code. I wrote some code in the communication.py.
record the readed files and compare it with files in the sftp server. It seems to work. ;-)
image.png

Eppye Bots

Sep 10, 2021, 6:58:24 AM9/10/21
to 'Chuck Turco' via Bots Open Source EDI Translator
I hate to be unfriendly, but nobody works like that.
I worked with this platform. they do not do this.

kind regards, Henk-Jan Ebbers

Eppye Bots

Sep 10, 2021, 7:05:07 AM9/10/21
to 'Chuck Turco' via Bots Open Source EDI Translator
might be a configuration error on sftp server.
note that some servers delete the file themselves after reading. (so: you read, file is gone. in such case oen can not delte the file, as it is no longer there)

kind regards, Henk-Jan Ebbers

ernie

Sep 11, 2021, 7:11:09 AM9/11/21
to Bots Open Source EDI Translator
I believe the issue is you are getting files from outgoing/ and should be getting them from  outgoing/intchg/.

Henk-Jan Ebbers

Sep 11, 2021, 7:34:32 AM9/11/21
to bots...@googlegroups.com
haha, that might very well be the issue here!

kind regards
Henk-Jan Ebbers