Free-- a 10 frame box + separated bottom board for nucs

Mark Lewis

Apr 14, 2021, 12:38:11 PM4/14/21
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
Hi, giving this away b/c I only use 8-frame equipment.

Good for making nucs, including overwintering nucs.

Please write me directly if interested.
953660F9-82CF-4774-8E3C-5C182478AF2D_1_105_c.jpegnucs.png

Mel Gadd

Apr 14, 2021, 12:42:39 PM4/14/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com

Mark.
I'd be interested. Mel Gadd

--
Visit us at our website: http://www.bostonbeekeepers.org & on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BostonBeekeepers

Mark Lewis

Apr 14, 2021, 12:56:06 PM4/14/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com

Mel Gadd

Apr 14, 2021, 12:58:39 PM4/14/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Mark. Let me know where  I can pick it up an what times work for you. Could do it thurs. or fri. this week if that works for you.

Tal Reichert

Apr 14, 2021, 3:43:16 PM4/14/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Is the dog available as well?

Mark Lewis

Apr 14, 2021, 8:35:50 PM4/14/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Make me an offer lol. No, we're keepin the dog!

Ellen Cobau

Apr 20, 2021, 8:56:24 AM4/20/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I am a BABA member and a Melrose beekeeper. My girls did not make it through the winter and I am taking a pause this season. My girls did not die of starvation as there were multiple frames of honey. I just spun them out so I can store the frames. I have 10 pounds of raw honey (cannot be consume as I medicated mite strips). Any ideas as to what to do with that honey? Would anyone want it to feed back to their bees? If not, what is the best way to discard? Please advise
Ellen Cobau

Laura Eisenberg

Apr 20, 2021, 11:50:42 AM4/20/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com

I am in a similar situation as Ellen
The expert from MDRA thinks that the girls left the hive because the queen was small/weak.
Anyway, I'm also taking a break this season, but there is honey in the frames.
Should I just leave it there as food for next year?