local / northern queen breeders / suppliers

Sadie

Jun 14, 2021, 9:38:46 AM6/14/21
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
Hi BABA folks, we've got two new hives started (nucs from a southern supplier), it seems one of the two hives is lagging well behind the other at about half the activity / rate of new comb building.

We do our first inspection later today and expect we'll be looking to re-queen the slow hive, I'm also interested in seeing if a northern bred queen will build a stronger colony for over-wintering.

So question: the last post on this topic I found was dated 2012, and I've contacted some of the mentioned queen breeders, however does anyone here know of apiaries that are breeding local / northern (and preferably low/no treatment) queens?

TIA

Sadie & Suzanne

paul mueller

Jun 14, 2021, 9:52:51 AM6/14/21