Honey Help

Sandra DeBow

May 3, 2021, 9:57:32 AM5/3/21
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
My two hives failed over the winter - both I believe due to condensation/weather and starvation as they never made it up to their honey supers - no sign of mite infestation, etc.  (they were a split I made to prevent a 3rd swarm and I think they were just too small to make it through this winter) Now, I have three  medium, 8-frames with a lot of capped honey and I do not have any honey extraction equipment as I am only a 2 yr beek.  Wondering if there is any place where I can rent or borrow an extractor?  Also, One hive failed mid-winter, I believe, and there is a thin film of gray mold on the capped comb.  I was planning on freezing the frames and trying to wipe the mold off.  Thoughts and suggestions are greatly appreciated.  Thank you!!

Jennifer Yanco

May 3, 2021, 10:15:24 AM5/3/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Bill Perkins at Agricultural Hall has an extractor that you can rent.

Jennifer J. Yanco, PhD
Author of Misremembering Dr. King
16 Monument Street
Medford, MA 02155
jjy...@gmail.com

Justice is indivisible. If it is accorded to some and not others it is not justice but privilege.   Gary Younge

Order your copy here

Listen to a podcast with the author

--
Visit us at our website: http://www.bostonbeekeepers.org & on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BostonBeekeepers