Who do we contact to push for a Save the HoneyBees license plate option in Massachusetts?

Ellen Cobau

Apr 20, 2021, 6:35:51 PM4/20/21
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
Hello,
I know there was some chatter about MA Registry considering Honey Bee plate. Who do we contact to show support?
Thanks

Phillip Thomas

Apr 20, 2021, 6:38:15 PM4/20/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Kitty at Massachusetts Beekeepers.  They ran a contest recently and are planning to announce results soon - so I hear...

Sent from my iPhone.
Pls forgive small typo's and such.

--
Visit us at our website: http://www.bostonbeekeepers.org & on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BostonBeekeepers

Clifford Youse

Apr 20, 2021, 6:58:21 PM4/20/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com, Kitty De Groot
I will reach out to Representative Dykema. She has supported beekeepers for years and may have some insight on how to approach it. Ultimately it boils down to getting enough beekeepers and concerned citizens to vote with a commitment to buy a plate.

One challenge is the crowded field of existing environmental plates. A lot of people who support a bee plate already have a whale, striped bass or trout plate.

Regards,
-Cliff Youse (Sent from my mobile device.)

Mel Gadd

Apr 20, 2021, 6:59:03 PM4/20/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Mass Bee is working on the pollinator plate issue. They have had a contest for a design and are working thru the rmv process is a long process. Updates will be sent out in the near future from Mass Bee. I have bren working on the committee pushing this process forward.
Mel Gadd
Baba Board member