Consultation

James Barry

Jun 19, 2021, 10:29:14 AM6/19/21
to Boston Area Beekeepers Association
Hi Folks,

I’m a 2 plus year beekeeper. Every time I think I might have a handle on what I’m doing, get the feeling I might be doing it all wrong. Anyone recommend a local  beekeeper for a consultation inspection?

Thanks,
Jim

maureen lopez-coello

Jun 19, 2021, 11:06:20 AM6/19/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com
Where are you located Jim?

-Maureen

--
Visit us at our website: http://www.bostonbeekeepers.org & on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/BostonBeekeepers

Laurie Arnone

Jun 19, 2021, 2:21:31 PM6/19/21
to boston-beek...@googlegroups.com

I feel the same way!
I have frames so built out with comb, babies, food and honey that they are connecting to each other.  Again today I hesitated to pull them out-definitely makes the girls agitated if I do.
I’ve had 2 different queens so far-one unmarked I put in there and 2weeks later I saw a marked one, green. I  haven’t been able to see queenie in a couple weeks but there are brood and no queen cells.

I’m thinking I’ll let them be, just keep an eye on mites etc?

Any thoughts?
Bad idea?
Thanks

James Barry