Backgrounds and Game charaters

Elizabeth Huesing

Oct 8, 2019, 4:41:37 PM10/8/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Hi all-
It's been a couple of years since I've used the game template, but we are running into a lot of errors when using the bitmap/url to change our background and characters.  We are having trouble finding many images that will work.  Any tips?

Schanzer (Director)

Oct 9, 2019, 7:07:19 AM10/9/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Hi Elizabeth - thanks for writing! It's great to hear from you. To how many students are you teaching Bootstrap this year? Google Images has changed a lot since your PD, which makes it harder to get the URL of the image. We're switching over to DuckDuckGo.com this year, which has an image search that makes it a lot easier to find images that work. Hope this helps!

Oh, and for future questions, I recommend posting on our new Discourse Community, which is a significant upgrade from this google group.

Thanks!
Emmanuel

Elizabeth Huesing

Oct 9, 2019, 9:55:59 AM10/9/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
I have about 35.

Reetu Singh

Oct 25, 2019, 8:50:59 AM10/25/19
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
How can I be invited to the new Discourse Community?

Thanks!

Reetu Singh
Join the battle for fighting blood cancers http://pages.teamintraining.org/nyc/halfnyc14/rsingh926

Schanzer (Director)

Oct 25, 2019, 11:42:25 AM10/25/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Hi Reetu, you can follow the link I posted above. You can also click here. :)

Reetu Singh

Nov 19, 2019, 12:24:28 PM11/19/19
to bootstra...@googlegroups.com
two questions:
I cannot open the discourse.bootstrap.org link it says "site can't be reached"
second,
I have a student who has put in all of the game code and when she hits run, it says onscreen? is not defined when it is .

any help would be great!
Thank you

On Fri, Oct 25, 2019 at 11:42 AM Schanzer (Director) <scha...@bootstrapworld.org> wrote:
Hi Reetu, you can follow the link I posted above. You can also click here. :)

Schanzer (Director)

Nov 19, 2019, 9:26:14 PM11/19/19
to Bootstrap-Teachers
Hi Reetu, please follow the link I posted above. discourse.bootstrap.org is the wrong address. (And if you've found it somewhere, I'd like to fix it!)

Can you have your student click "share", and paste the link here? That way we can see the program and figure out what's going on.