Errors while running bob bio pipelines

Y Wang

May 12, 2021, 8:43:14 AM5/12/21
to bob-devel

The bob.bio.base and bob.bio.face I am using is version 5.

To test the command bob bio pipelines, I did as the documentation said:

First, I copied and saved the example code into a python file my_pipeline.py;

Then I run the command: bob bio pipelines vanilla-biometrics -d atnt -p my_pipeline.py -o results;

The error message is:

  File "/Users/yunwang/opt/anaconda3/envs/bob_env3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bob/bio/my_pipeline.py", line 52, in <module>

    database.allow_scoring_with_all_biometric_references = False

NameError: name 'database' is not defined

So I added "from bob.bio.base import database" in the my_pipeline.py, then this bug seemed been fixed.

I run the command again, this time the error message is :

  File "/Users/yunwang/opt/anaconda3/envs/bob_env3/lib/python3.8/site-packages/bob/io/base/__init__.py", line 144, in load

    raise RuntimeError(f"`{inputs}' does not exist!")

RuntimeError: `s3/2.pgm' does not exist!

In version 4, when I run the baseline command, I've created a file in my base environment, which set the data paths

WX20210512-143615@2x.png

Obviously, this doesn’t work for version 5 pipelines.

How can I set the data directory to run this pipelines command?

Thank you!

Amir Mohammadi

May 12, 2021, 12:13:01 PM5/12/21
to bob-...@googlegroups.com, bob-devel
> So I added "from bob.bio.base import database" in the my_pipeline.py, then this bug seemed been fixed.

That does not fix anything only you will not have an error. just removing that database line would have been better.

> How can I set the data directory to run this pipelines command?

I imagine for atnt, the key is `bob.db.atnt.directory`

Best,
Amir

--
-- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups bob-devel group. To post to this group, send email to bob-...@googlegroups.com. To unsubscribe from this group, send email to bob-devel+...@googlegroups.com. For more options, visit this group at https://groups.google.com/d/forum/bob-devel or directly the project website at http://idiap.github.com/bob/
---

Y Wang

May 12, 2021, 4:32:08 PM5/12/21
to bob-...@googlegroups.com
I tried the commands in this webpage, but the bob config file is empty. I checked that there is no .bob.rc file.
issue.png
I don't know what's the problem... How can I fix this ?
Thank you!

'Amir Mohammadi' via bob-devel <bob-...@googlegroups.com> 于2021年5月12日周三 下午6:13写道:
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "bob-devel" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/bob-devel/118283E2-9D15-4431-BE40-21D688644BE7%40getmailspring.com.

Y Wang

May 13, 2021, 4:13:23 AM5/13/21
to bob-devel
I deleted all the old version files, and followed the installation documentation to install bob last night, but still doesn't have bob config file.
What is the exact content in the bob config file? Could you show me the content so I may create one myself?
Do you know why the installation doesn't have bob config file? How to fix it?
Thank you!

Amir Mohammadi

May 17, 2021, 3:33:23 AM5/17/21
to bob-...@googlegroups.com, bob-devel
Hi,

You modify (and create) the config file yourself using the bob config set  command.

Where are the ATNT image files on your computer? Let's say:
/home/username/databases/atnt

Then do:
bob config set bob.db.atnt.directory /home/username/databases/atnt

So bob programs can know where the data files are.

Best,
Amir