510 at Mecom Monterey

Ted Hedman

Aug 17, 2021, 4:45:46 PM8/17/21
to 'Andy Klink' via Bluebird510

Bidding ended at $37k. Previously sold for $53.5k on BAT.

https://youtu.be/X-x4pBJjk6Y?t=8817

Sent from Mail for Windows

paolo

Aug 17, 2021, 4:54:46 PM8/17/21
to blueb...@googlegroups.com

Curious as to why it was auctioned there?

Had a few minutes and chose to take a peek.

Uuuuuugggghhh!  How painful to listen to.  Porky pig on vocal steroids.

THAT'S' ALL FOLKS I have to say to say about that.

Paolo ———

Ward Hill Press

Aug 17, 2021, 6:35:52 PM8/17/21
to thedm...@gmail.com, 'Andy Klink' via Bluebird510
Is 53.5K a record for a 510? How much is that Rebello motor worth? What makes a 510 fetch that price?
Steve
NOTICE!!!!

All emails will be sent to the author of this message. If you want to send this message to the group simply add this address to the "To" field in your email client blueb...@googlegroups.com .

david datsuns.com

Aug 17, 2021, 6:50:11 PM8/17/21
to 510 mailing list
I haven't figured out why they regularly fetch over $20K.      I can finally afford a $10k one and nice ones are STILL $10k out of my budget!  :)

Dave

Gary Savage

Aug 17, 2021, 6:53:11 PM8/17/21
to ward...@rcn.com, thedm...@gmail.com, 'Andy Klink' via Bluebird510
Probably drafting off the crazy prices S30 Z cars are going for, no doubt!  Of course, it’s still a “right buyer” situations.

Gary Savage

On Aug 17, 2021, at 4:35 PM, Ward Hill Press <ward...@rcn.com> wrote:

 Is 53.5K a record for a 510? How much is that Rebello motor worth? What makes a 510 fetch that price?

Sebastian Hill

Aug 17, 2021, 7:17:02 PM8/17/21
to gsa...@wwdb.org, ward...@rcn.com, Ted Hedman, 'Andy Klink' via Bluebird510
The red 510 was the right car for whoever had the money during the 7 day bring a trailer auction. It is a VERY well sorted street 510 and would cost a lot more to build than the $53.5 it sold on BAT. I happened to be friends with the guy who built it and it drove/handled beautifully and that Rebello motor plus Mikunis almost makes me want to ditch my fuel-injected KA. (Almost) Yes, he does kinda regret sell it...