Not able to save command that has Open url in it.

Gloria Lassich

Aug 17, 2022, 6:55:55 PM8/17/22
to Quicksilver
I'm trying to create a command file (.qscommand) that opens a url. Here's what it looks like:
screenshot-08-17-2022-15-43-48.png

But it doesn't work. I can only create a command file that opens a URL if that URL is accessed through my bookmarks catalog, rather than manually entered.

This is annoying because then I have to create a lot of unnecessary bookmarks that I'll never use outside of Quicksilver. Am I doing something wrong?

Rob McBroom

Aug 18, 2022, 12:39:40 PM8/18/22
to Quicksilver

On 17 Aug 2022, at 18:55, Gloria Lassich wrote:

But it doesn't work. I can only create a command file that opens a URL if
that URL is accessed through my bookmarks catalog, rather than manually
entered.

That’s odd. I was able to reproduce this, so definitely a bug that should be tracked in GitHub.

As a temporary work-around, the .qscommand files are just plain text XML, so if you create one from a bookmarked URL, you should be able to duplicate it and edit it to contain whatever URL you want.

--
Rob McBroom

Gloria Lassich

Aug 18, 2022, 1:25:34 PM8/18/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Ok, good to know. Thanks. I submitted a bug report.

Regards,

Gloria

@thecrazyloop Instagram @divashopg Instagram @peepsgrfx Instagram