Multiple Firefoxs in Running Apps/Processes

Gloria Lassich

Aug 4, 2022, 11:34:36 AM8/4/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Why is it when I "show contents" for "Running Applications & Processes" it shows several running Firefox apps in the results?

screenshot-08-03-2022-22-24-38.png

screenshot-08-03-2022-22-23-07.png

Nathan Henrie

Aug 4, 2022, 11:43:16 AM8/4/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Select one and use the `Show Source in Catalog` to see where it's coming from, then repeat with a few others. What do you find?

Nate

Gloria Lassich

Aug 4, 2022, 12:03:56 PM8/4/22
to Quicksilver
I did it, the 2nd screenshot is what it brings up.

screenshot-08-04-2022-08-59-26.png

screenshot-08-04-2022-08-59-53.png

Nathan Henrie

Aug 4, 2022, 12:20:50 PM8/4/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
Do the others all lead to the same source in the catalog?

For what it's worth, I'm replying from Firefox (my primary browser), and Firefox doesn't show up *at all* for me with `Running Applications and Processes (Catalog)` -> `Show Contents`.

And now running that command is crashing QS for me, after working the first few times. Huh.

Nate

Gloria Lassich

Aug 8, 2022, 12:35:53 PM8/8/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
They all take me back to the same place. The weird thing is if I uncheck the box: Include background applications, Firefox doesn't show up at all.

Regards,

Gloria

@thecrazyloop Instagram @divashopg Instagram @peepsgrfx Instagram

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Quicksilver" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blacktree-quicksilver/CAOMt5FDtjrs%2BG4nUDRurmnxTog9%2BiQbDJeWW_N21UAXNXStA7Q%40mail.gmail.com.
screenshot-08-08-2022-09-34-00.png

Patrick Robertson

Aug 8, 2022, 9:08:43 PM8/8/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
This is most likely because Firefox launches multiple processes, as a security precaution. As such, this behaviour is expected, although you’re right it does look funny that they’re all the same name. Can you create an issue related to “Names of running background applications show incorrectly”, and we’ll take a look into it.

Here’s how the names should look:

On Thu, Aug 4, 2022 at 10:04 AM Gloria Lassich <glas...@gmail.com> wrote:
I did it, the 2nd screenshot is what it brings up.

<screenshot-08-04-2022-08-59-26.png>

Gloria Lassich

Aug 9, 2022, 12:02:05 PM8/9/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com