Clipboard Hide after pasting on Big Sur

David Bayer

Sep 16, 2021, 8:26:07 AM9/16/21
to Quicksilver
I'm using Quicksilver 1.6.1 on macOS Big Sur. Since upgrading to Big Sur I keep running into problems where the clipboard window will not close after pasting even though that option is enabled in settings. I have been able to fix it in the past by reinstalling Quicksilver, but since the 11.5 upgrade that doesn't seem to work for me any more. I never had this problem prior to Big Sur, so I assume it has something to do with security updates in the OS.

Any suggestions for how to fix it?

Thanks
David

Rob McBroom

Sep 16, 2021, 8:46:13 AM9/16/21
to Quicksilver
I haven’t seen this behavior, but maybe we don’t use it the same
way.

How are you pasting? By hitting a number? Double-clicking the thing?

Do you open the window as needed, or do you have it docked to the edge
of the screen?

--
Rob McBroom

David Bayer

Sep 16, 2021, 12:10:32 PM9/16/21
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com

I discovered that this time I was reinstalling a different way than previously. When I install using the download from qsapp.com I continue to have this problem. If I install using ‘brew install’ the problem gets fixed until the next macOS update, then I get to do it again.

Mal Function

Sep 16, 2021, 12:19:22 PM9/16/21
to 'roaming_bob' via Quicksilver
Interesting David... I have Homebrew (which I hardly use) installed... are you able to provide step-by-step instructions on how to go about installing QS using 'brew install' please?

TIA.

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Quicksilver" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/blacktree-quicksilver/BY5PR04MB6628BAD5E005A304CFE64806A7DC9%40BY5PR04MB6628.namprd04.prod.outlook.com.

David Bayer

Sep 16, 2021, 12:54:39 PM9/16/21
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com

Just ‘brew install quicksilver’ for the first time and ‘brew reinstall quicksilver’ for the next. I got in the habit of manually deleting quicksilver from /Applications before this, but not sure if that’s necessary. Homebrew doesn’t recognize that you did that though, so it’s still ‘brew reinstall’ after manual deletion.

David Bayer

Sep 17, 2021, 5:12:33 PM9/17/21
to Quicksilver
I missed Robert's questions yesterday - gmail sent his response to spam.

I use cmd-L to open clipboard history as needed. I vary between arrows & numbers to select the desired entry. I also occasionally simply hit ESC when I discover that what I'm looking for has already aged out of the list.

After a macOS update (starting with the upgrade from Catalina to Big Sur), the clipboard opens when Quicksilver starts up, and neither selecting an item nor ESC will close the clipboard window. After reinstalling with Homebrew it goes back to expected behavior.

David Rees

Apr 3, 2023, 4:29:30 PM4/3/23
to Quicksilver
I found the same. I couldn't close the clipboard history window until I reinstalled using homebrew instead.