Empty Trash action missing

ihf

Mar 11, 2021, 12:54:57 PM3/11/21
to Quicksilver
I used to be able to invoke QS and start typing "empty" and I would get the action to empty the trash. Now I get the empty trash scpt in the right pane and no way to run it (or I've forgotten how). Can someone tell me how I can get the empty trash action working again?

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 12.52.34 PM.png

Rob McBroom

Mar 12, 2021, 2:00:40 PM3/12/21
to Quicksilver

That’s from the Extra Scripts plug-in, so make sure you have that.

You might also want to go to Preferences → General → Actions and confirm that the appropriate “Run” action is enabled and near the top of the list so it will be the default for scripts.

--
Rob McBroom

Tim Lawson

Mar 12, 2021, 2:16:35 PM3/12/21
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I don’t think the script works any more on Big Sur. Could be because it’s now named ‘bin’ as opposed to ‘trash’.

When I tried to amend the (very simple) script, it wouldn’t have it and as I know nothing, I gave up :-)

Anyone with the right knowledge here... be great to have a replacement script please. I couldn’t even see how to create an automator action / workflow to do I it.

Rob McBroom

Mar 13, 2021, 11:22:31 AM3/13/21

On 12 Mar 2021, at 14:16, Tim Lawson wrote:

I don’t think the script works any more on Big Sur. Could be because it’s now named ‘bin’ as opposed to ‘trash’.

I never use it, but just tried it under Big Sur with English (US) and it works, so it’s probably just a localization thing.

Anyone with the right knowledge here... be great to have a replacement script please. I couldn’t even see how to create an automator action / workflow to do I it.

I don’t know if it’s possible to make a location-aware version of an AppleScript, but if anyone gets it working for your region specifically, you can drop the working version in ~/Library/Scripts. Quicksilver should be scanning that folder by default.

--
Rob McBroom