Quicksilver's Shelf doesn't keep items across sessions

Gloria Lassich

May 8, 2022, 4:43:48 PM5/8/22
to Quicksilver
Anything I add to the shelf doesn't stay there. After a relaunch or quit, the items are gone. I thought the shelf was supposed to last across sessions. Was I mistaken?

Rob McBroom

May 9, 2022, 8:47:10 AM5/9/22
to Quicksilver
The things I have on the Shelf have been there for years, so it definitely should keep them.

Are you sure you’re thinking of the Shelf and not the clipboard history? There’s a setting in Preferences → General → Clipboard for “Keep history when restarting” that controls this behavior.

--
Rob McBroom

Gloria Lassich

May 9, 2022, 12:56:18 PM5/9/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
It's definitely the shelf. When I add to the shelf via the quicksilver UI, it stays across sessions, but when I add via drag & drop, it doesn't.

Patrick Robertson

May 9, 2022, 9:35:45 PM5/9/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com
I just tried dragging/dropping items to the shelf and it worked here. Can you please open an issue at github.com/quicksilver/quicksilver/issues  outlining the exact steps you’re taking (with a video, if possible).

Please also make sure to specify what version of Quicksilver you’re using, and what you’re trying to drag onto the shelf.

On 10 May 2022, at 00:56, Gloria Lassich <glas...@gmail.com> wrote:

It's definitely the shelf. When I add to the shelf via the quicksilver UI, it stays across sessions, but when I add via drag & drop, it doesn't.

Gloria Lassich

May 10, 2022, 5:06:34 PM5/10/22
to blacktree-...@googlegroups.com